The Chemical Engineer will provide technical expertise on a range of cross-functional projects, including facility materials plan, process design, development, implementation and improvement of existing equipment and processes. The Chemical Engineer will be responsible to reduce process times through processing optimization, equipment improvements, and eliminating waste.
Essential Function - Technical Competencies
• Ability to analyze material usage to create engineered plant wide blue prints for a chemical mixing plant.
• Monitor and analyze data from processes and experiments.
• Troubleshoot problems with chemical manufacturing processes.
• Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance.
• Manage multiple time-sensitive projects with varying performance and cost requirements for both internal and external customers.
• Develop new approaches to solving problems and advancing state of art mixing and movement equipment.
• Analyze new product formulations and make implementation plans to support product launch teams.
• Develop and maintain capital planning budgets.
• Execute all required job responsibilities while adhering to Chem Link’s safety standards, founding principles, and core values.
• Collaboration with Maintenance, Research and Development, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Finance, and other departments as needed.
• Communicate regularly to senior management on project status, new areas of exploration, and potential problems or concerns both within the business and in the markets we serve.
• Indirect leadership of other engineers as required.
• Maintain a clear and accurate understanding of materials used at Chem Link and best in class methods to convey and process said materials.
• Organize and present data in logical and practical manners.
• Know and utilize formal and informal channels to complete the job effectively.
• Understand and respect why some processes have been developed for the company, but be convincing why change is necessary.
• Use resources efficiently.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• BS of Chemical Engineering.
• At least 5 years experience in Chemical Engineering.
• Knowledge of chemical plant layouts.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to contribute in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in polymer sciences.
• Experience in new product development and stage-gate processes.
Work Schedule and Physical Demands
• Approximately 5-10% travel will be required for customer and vendor learning as well as trade shows, conferences, and summits.
• The ability to manage high priority items to meet strict deadlines is essential.
• Due to supporting manufacturing, occasional after hours work maybe required.
• Must be physically able to stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, and kneel.
• Will be comfortable working at a computer station and working with his or her hands in the production arena.
• Vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, and color vision.
• Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
• Must be able to travel via airplane, car, and/or other comparable means of mass transit for long distances.