Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager (House Mentor)
We are seeking an individual that takes pride in delivering excellence in serving others, especially our elderly population.
The award-winning Leonard Florence Center for Living Green House is a revolutionary, state-of-the-art skilled nursing residence. As the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, the Center is dramatically different from a traditional nursing home.
Leonard Florence Center for Living in Chelsea, seeks a Unit Manager to join its team. The right person will have a strong clinical background and supervisory experience.
The Unit Manager+ is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day department activities of a Green House Household. You will be working on a busy and vibrant short-term rehabilitation unit in a modern facility with staffing ratios above industry averages, an on-site medical group, and a unique "household" model of care. You will be part of a management team of proven, dedicated professionals committed to quality care and personal growth.
- Assumes responsibility for all nursing care provided to residents within an assigned unit; knows the residents' conditions at all times; observes and supervises nursing care according to physician's orders and in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Recognizes and interprets symptoms, reports on residents' conditions and assists with or institutes remedial measures of adverse developments.
- Assists in maintaining a physical, social and psychological environment which is conducive to the best interest and welfare of residents.
- Investigates and studies trends and developments in nursing practices and techniques and assesses their adaptability to the needs of specific nursing policies.
- Instructs staff in the use of policies and procedures and assures that all policies and procedures are followed by nursing staff.
- RN graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensed is required
- One (1) to Three (3) years' experience as a supervisor, preferred
- Must have excellent clinical assessment skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate organizational skills.
- This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday with on-call rotating weekends
- Health and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Competitive pay
*Chelsea Jewish LifeCare conducts extensive background checks and professional references for all potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical and required immunizations.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro