ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist | Part Time | Remote
Chelsea Jewish Lifecare Chelsea, MA
- Expired: January 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist
Part Time | Remote
Legacy Lifecare is currently seeking a results-driven, enthusiastic ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist experienced with ALS organizations, to join our team of caring and compassionate staff at the Leonard Florence Center for Living in Chelsea, Massachusetts. This award-winning, specialized residence is unlike any other skilled nursing facility devoted to individuals diagnosed with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) and MS (multiple sclerosis). We have changed the way people are living with these diseases, and as the first urban Green House skilled nursing facility in the country, the Center sets the stage for a model of care far removed from traditional nursing homes. The ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist will not only have proven skills in coordinating and securing donors through multiple channels, but also can demonstrate a passion and a personal commitment to individuals living with ALS.
Named after the late Chelsea-born philanthropist, Leonard Florence, The Leonard Florence Center for Living has been featured on the Today show for the innovative use of this extraordinary technology to better serve our residents. The prevailing goal of the Leonard Florence Center is to maintain a "real home" that provides exceptional care, in-addition to supporting individuals living with debilitating diseases, who are seeking to redefine the worth and meaning of their lives. The residents living at The Leonard Florence Center for Living are completely immobilized by their disease, and yet are able to control the lights, turn on the TV, open doors and raise window shades just by using their eyes through sophisticated, technology-enabled equipment. In addition, there are three homes dedicated to short-term rehabilitation and four homes dedicated to long-term care for seniors. We also just opened a cutting-edge ventilator program which enables individuals to live each day to the fullest.
Position Title: ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist
Summary: Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the ALS Fundraising & Development Specialist is tasked with leading all ALS fundraising programs and strategy development. This individual is expected to demonstrate a successful track-record of fundraising activities specifically in the ALS community through their relationships with ALS organizations, partnerships, donors, families, etc. Additionally, as this is a new role, candidates should be excited about the prospect of "co-creating" this position with the existing team and growing it into a successful arm alongside our traditional fundraising activities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborates with the CEO to develop and implement the fundraising goals;
- Partners with the CEO, existing fundraising professionals to identify and solicit major gift prospects; implement marketing plan for the capital campaigns;
- Provides strategic direction by planning and implementing a development program through major gifts, planned gifts, annual funds, grant writing, and donor prospecting and research;
- Develops and implements strategies to inspire greater engagement and participation within the foundation's programs and fund development activities;
- Identifies, cultivates, and builds relationships with prospective donors and partners in the ALS community
- Researches, develops and executes a Major Gifts program
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree. Preferred: Bachelors plus additional fundraising-related certification(s), or a degree in business, communications, public relations or related field.
- Demonstrated success from previous employment of fundraising and development activities, specifically with the ALS community.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and utilization of telephone and video conference meetings.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills possessing a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, working and communicating at all levels within the ALS community.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as an integral part of a Team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, and public speaking to represent the Organization at events
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, and work well under pressure to manage multiple assignments with stringent deadlines concurrently
WorkStatus:Part-Time/Hourly as negotiated and depending-upon activity and project expectations.
Apply:Qualified and interested applicants must submit a current resume and cover letter which highlights their knowledge and experience in fundraising within the ALS community to be considered.
Legacy Lifecare and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers. All qualified individuals will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30-$40 per hourEmployment Type: PART_TIME