Manager of Second-Hand Furniture Store
Chelan Senior Center Chelan, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Manager for the Chelan Station Reruns Second-Hand Store, which provides most of the financial support for the Senior Center, which operates the store. You will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the entire store operation, making and adjusting rules for acceptance of donated items, processing of donated items and placement in the sales areas, organizing the store in a manner that encourages purchases, monitoring display of items for sale, and supervising both acceptance of donations and load-out and delivery of sold items. You will have backup for dealing with transportation of donated and sold items.
- Organize and supervise team of both paid and volunteer workers, and hire and fire with approval of Board or a designated Board member
- Adjust daily schedule for personnel to ensure optimal efficiency
- Supervise pricing of goods for sale, and sales and handling of funds generated, keeping accurate records
- Organize and periodically re-organize the store's display and backup spaces as needed to optimize sales
- Oversee scheduling and conduct of pickup of items in the field, and triage and receipt of items donated at the store
- Initially, deal with and reduce a sizable current backup of unprocessed donated items
- Train and evaluate employees and volunteers
- Track results and trends for forecasting
- Resolve customer complaints
- Report to and coordinate with designated member or members of the Center board
- Previous experience in retail, ideally furniture/furnishings or similar work with transferable skills. Experience in second-hand is a plus.
- Previous experience with using volunteer staff is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in an environment including both paid and volunteer staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Chelan Senior CenterWhy Work Here?
Great place to work in the Lake Chelan extended community, for an important nonprofit.
410 Chelan Falls Rd.Chelan, WA
RetailView all jobs at Chelan Senior Center