WIC Coordinator - Nutritionist II
Chelan-Douglas Health District East Wenatchee, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: WIC Coordinator/Nutritionist II
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Personal Health Director
Employees in this position have the option to join the Local Collective Bargaining Unit
This position is Exempt
The WIC Coordinator/ Nutritionist must be able to successfully work with the WIC team to provide nutrition services to WIC clients according to Federal, State and local policies and procedures.
- Assure compliance with Washington State WIC policy and procedures.
- Provide nutrition assessment, education and services to high risk and medically at risk clients at WIC clinics.
- Develop and implement a biannual client services plan.
- Serve as the Breastfeeding Coordinator and partner with local and state Breastfeeding Coalitions. Develop and implement plans and activities for breastfeeding WIC clients. Educate WIC staff on breastfeeding.
- Develop and implement clinic and staff schedules.
- Evaluate nutrition education materials for clinic use as needed.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers, including technical assistance and in-services as needed.
- Establish and maintain contacts and agreements with community health care agencies such as Nurse Family Partnership, ABCD (Access to Baby and Child Dentistry), Head Start for example.
- Conduct quality assurance activities for the nutrition education component of the WIC program through chart reviews, Cascades reports, and health outcome data collection.
- Develop and coordinate implementation of ongoing outreach activities to maintain and build caseload.
- Ensure up to date knowledge for yourself and your staff by attending workshops and education programs offered by the State WIC office.
- Able to communicate with non-English speaking clients using the Language Line if needed.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to provide effective nutrition counseling to clients with diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to develop care plans and coordinate client care with other team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of Cascades, Word, Excel and Access.
- B.S. degree and current license as registered dietitian/nutritionist and certified dietitian/nutritionist in Washington State.
- A valid Washington State driver’s license or ability to obtain one.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Washington WIC clinic as a nutritionist.
- Ability to obtain a Washington State medical assistant license to do hemoglobin assessments.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience as a WIC Coordinator.
- Experience providing breastfeeding support and education to both clients and staff.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess distance, color and depth; required to regularly communicate with others and exchange accurate information.
- Able to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment; able to remain stationary at a computer for extended periods and move around their assigned workspace.
- Frequently move up to 25 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds.
- PPE for this position includes facial mask coverings.
This Job Description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give you a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of what this position requires. As the nature of business demands change, so may the essential functions of this position.
Chelan-Douglas Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Chelan-Douglas Health District
200 Valley Mall ParkwayEast Wenatchee, WA
HealthcareView all jobs at Chelan-Douglas Health District