Operations Area Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supply Chain - Operations Area Manager
About the Warehouse Area Manager role:
We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Area Manager with a passion for customer experience to oversee Cheetah’s daily Warehouse Operations. This person should have a drive for creating smart, scalable customer experience practices to facilitate continuous improvement to Cheetah’s customers both internally and externally. This role is to have a heavy drive on implementing process improvements, performance goals as defined, and performance management.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will:
Key Accountabilities / Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute Company OKRs and designated KPI’s
- Ensure necessary documentation and communication with customers.
- Utilize the site inventory management system to ensure:
- Management of cycle counting/adjustment/rotation programs
- Productivity and space utilization (efficient product placement, etc.)
- Accuracy- Ensure proper QC process is in place to facilitate accuracy goals
- Identify opportunities for technology and continuous improvements and enhancements of the site(s) inventory management system.
Associate Interaction (55% time)
- Example activities include Associate Development, one on one coaching, walking throughout the work area during assigned shifts, conflict resolution among associates, associate group meetings and training. Specifically:
- Direct the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates.
- Deliver associate orientation, training, performance reviews, and/or development as appropriate - Participate in the management of turnover among hourly staff consistent with the site turnover objectives.
- Ensure the associates have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and that the tools are routinely inspected and maintained.
Operations Excellence (15% time)
Example activities include action planning with different , project planning follow-up, space planning, turnover review and workshop participation. Specifically:
- Organize and lead the focus on improved productivity levels in a manner that first stresses effectiveness by improving processes and secondly stresses the efficiency of associate work.
- Collaborate with the regional sites to share in safety, labor sharing, and best practice initiatives. - Participate in the completion of workshop action plans, projects and best practice sharing/implementation.
Planning (15% time)
- Example activities include labor planning, equipment maintenance, work flow prioritization and daily scheduling. Specifically:
- Plan, manage, and adjust the daily workload and staffing to minimize the unplanned overtime. - Ensure shift/daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e., staffing, equipment, space).
Human Resources (5% time)
- Example activities include identifying labor needs, interviews and recruiting activities, implementing training, and coaching / counseling for improved performance. Specifically:
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied, and enforced (i.e., safety, accounting, operational, regulatory, and administrative).
- Maximizes quality and productivity by understanding job standards for each function, and evaluating performance variances in order to identify root cause and corrective action.
Communications (5% time)
- Example activities include staff meetings, customer interactions, vendor/service provider interactions, and internal communications with peers, staff and internal business unit departments. Specifically:
- Effectively communicate work task Standard Operating Procedures, convey key information during pre-shift meetings and ensure appropriate shift hand-offs.
- Provide a professional environment with relation to external customers and vendors such as drivers, dispatchers, and customer representatives.
Reporting (5% time)
Example activities include Key Performance Indicator tracking, quality reports, audits, financial reporting, material handling equipment reports, site or individual performance tracking and customer required reports. Specifically:
- Execute daily customer / vendor contract requirements and identify accessory activity (work outside commercial contracts) and ensure necessary documentation.
- Ensure inventory integrity by timely and accurate receiving, picking, shipping, and inventory management.
- Participate in the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and site
Operate within the agreed budget (Annual Forecast) for the site (allocation of overtime, Labor planning, purchasing, etc.)
- Understand process performance versus target objectives, identify reasons for defects, communicate results and implement necessary changes.
- Ensure daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines are accomplished (i.e., staffing, equipment, space).
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Execute workshop action plans, projects, and best practices with regards to sharing/implementation. - Perform other duties as assigned.
- Clearly communicate ideas, goals, and information in a deliberate and succinct manner to the broader audience
People Management Responsibilities
- Recruitment and Selection: determine labor needs; understand and use the Company’s interviewing process and tools; implement on boarding (Passport orientation, etc.).
- Managing & Rewarding Performance: set clear performance expectations (On boarding tools, Performance Management Process); provide regular feedback and reviews; resolve team conflicts; encourage a positive and safe environment; use coaching and corrective action for underperformance; understand and use voluntary/involuntary termination processes.
- Training & Development: understand and coach others on processes, tools and standards (SOP’s); ensure training requirements are met; identify and address skill gaps; discuss career interests. Communication & Engagement: communicate site, company, and other pertinent information to team (pre shift, one on one, etc.); share customer and Cheetah information on regular basis.
Scope of Responsibility
Resources (e.g., budget, staff, etc.):
- Group Coord Leads, Functional Groups and/or hourly associates based on site specifics
Decision Making Authority:
- In accordance with the approved level of authority as assigned by company policy (i.e., procurement, staffing adjustments, deployment)
- Customer/vendor requests are limited to the contract restrictions and agreed budget - Incremental purchases against previously established purchase orders and the creation of extraordinary purchase orders for routine purchases (including capital expenditures)
- >2 years Delivery Service Operations management or supervisor experience
- >2 years experience providing customer service
- >2 years of employee in-person training experience
- >2 years experience managing employees with proven track record
- B.A or equivalent
- Very proficient in using Slack, Google cloud tools
- High adaptability, grit and motivation
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail and willingness to engage
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Great analytics skills
Benefits and Perks
- Fun work environment with a fully-stocked kitchen and snack area
- Monthly catered lunches
- Company happy hours, team building events, and intramural sports teams
- Unlimited paid time off
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance and commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan and flexible spending benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!
We are ambitious and as our name suggests – we run fast. If you have grit, energy and don’t wait for permission to voice your ideas, if you feel that you can keep up with the pace, meet amazing people from all over the world, and learn a ton of new skills along the way, then jump right in!
Cheetah TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Fun work environment, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!
Cheetah is the first restaurant supply app, providing the simplest, most affordable way for restaurants to get their daily supplies. We delivered our first orders in 2015 and have grown to become the service that thousands of restaurants rely on for everything they need in order to run their business. Cheetah is founded and run by food industry veterans, supply chain and logistics experts, chefs, engineers, and data scientists who have come together in their mission to empower restaurateurs and help their business thrive. We are ambitious and as our name suggests – we run fast. If you have grit, energy and don’t wait for permission to voice your ideas, if you feel that you can keep up with the pace, meet amazing people from all over the world, and learn a ton of new skills along the way, then jump right in!
5675 Sunol BoulevardPleasanton, CA