Customer Success Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Restaurants and small businesses account for hundreds of billions of dollars in annual purchasing of supplies and ingredients, yet most of it happens offline. From the humblest NYC slice and a cup of joe to museum-quality lattes (and, yes, avocado toast), each order represents a long paper trail and a series of truck deliveries.
A relentless team has set out to change this reality, armed with deep industry and entrepreneurial experience, personal conviction, and funding from Eclipse, Floodgate, and the early backers of Facebook, Lyft, and Airbnb. Cheetah recently completed a $60M Series C led by Manna Tree Partners and Sator Grove to supercharge its growth and expand across the US.
With headquarters and a fulfillment center in the Bay Area, Cheetah is already streamlining the daily workflow of hundreds of restaurants and small business owners. Using Cheetah's services, they manage millions of dollars in monthly purchasing, while Cheetah eliminates the burden of costly sales reps and inflexible, inefficient supply deliveries. Partnering with the largest wholesale suppliers in the US, Cheetah is bringing Silicon Valley user experience and data-driven insight to a space that hasn’t changed much in decades. In the process, we're helping to reintroduce the small business owner to the small farmer, global supply chains to familiar faces; and delivery and logistics workers to increased mobility and new opportunities.
Operating smack in the middle of supply and demand, Cheetah has introduced unprecedented transparency in pricing and inventory to the SMB marketplace. In doing so, Cheetah allows the people who form the backbone of local economies to focus on what they love: cooking great food and providing excellent service. From the convenience of their phones, business owners can now order whatever they need, discover new, rare or seasonal specialty products, and prioritize their customers.
About the Customer Success Specialist:
As Cheetah reaches the point of hyper-growth, it is vital for us to focus on what has gotten us this far - our customers, both current and past. Why? At Cheetah we firmly believe the best way to keep our network growing and client base healthy is by providing exceptional support at every stage of our process. Our Customer Success team is effective at both conflict resolution and problem-solving while focusing on re-engaging, retaining, and growing clients' spend. Our ideal candidate has strong communication skills that will effectively satisfy the needs and wants of our customers. The Customer Success Specialist will collaborate with our sales team to provide follow-through of order quality and order frequency and work side by side with the support team to alleviate past issues on orders and ensure customer satisfaction. You are empathetic, motivated and have a sincere passion for helping restaurants succeed!
What you will be doing:
- Engage with your customers regularly to better understand the direct needs of their business - both in-person and virtually
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships by serving as an internal advocate and customer liaison
- Increase revenue by upselling customers on products they don’t currently purchase through Cheetah
- Work closely with our procurement team and buyers to identify new, revenue generating foodservice items to add to our catalog
- Quickly resolve customer escalations from our support team
- Think outside the box to improve processes and create additional value
- Minimum 2 years of sales or restaurant experience
- Experience working in restaurants is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of retaining and upselling customers. You have the ability to pitch customers with the benefits of our services and products in order to grow revenue
- A high degree of patience and skilled at conflict resolution. You will need to gather information related to customer dissatisfaction and determine how to best resolve the issue in a timely manner
- Effective problem-solving is central to this position. Success Specialists need to think on their feet to provide solutions
- Extremely organized as you must maintain detailed records of interactions and update customer accounts to reflect changes
Benefits and Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance
- 100% Employer-paid Life, AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Additional benefit options including accident protection, commuter and parking benefits, flexible spending options for heath and dependent care, 401K plan and pet insurance
- Flexible work scheduling and location
- Company sponsored learning and development, wellness support, team building, events and engagement opportunities
- The opportunity to work alongside a visionary team during Cheetah’s rapid growth!
We are ambitious and as our name suggests – we run fast. If you have grit, energy and don’t wait for permission to voice your ideas, if you feel that you can keep up with the pace, meet amazing people from all over the world, and learn a ton of new skills along the way, then jump right in!
5675 Sunol BoulevardPleasanton, CA
Get fresh Small Business Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.