A Customer Service Representative leads and performs customer service functions regarding a specific or assigned number of customers which could include regional or dedicated accounts. A CSR will work in conjunction with other internal departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight while achieving high service levels. He/she ensures that all requirements are met company-wide regarding customer expectations.
Principal Duties and Required Skills
· Leads up to ten accounts for Cheema and has the skill set necessary to meet customer expectations.
· Leads and solicits business from a specific or assigned number of customers by using daily available capacity. Is aware of system-wide balances/imbalances.
· Serves as an extension of sales to expand business revenue by exploring all opportunities with customers.
· Serves as customer’s first line of communication and reference for issues with pickups, deliveries, pricing, etc.
· Informs customers of overages, shortages, and damages, when needed.
· Responsible for managing service issues by researching and coding all applicable service failures in the system to support accurate service reporting.
· Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that follow up can be made to customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries; as well as any other changes that may occur.
· Responsible for updating statuses in customer portals.
· Anticipates and facilitates problem resolution on all load issues to meet or exceed total satisfaction of customers.
· Commits to and receives detailed customer load information by telephone, email, or electronic tendering, and inputs all load information into TMS accurately to ensure system integrity.
· Maintains knowledge of customer contractual requirements relative to trailer pools to keep turns at the level set to gain optimum utilization of company equipment.
· Creates monthly reports regarding service levels for customers as well as participate on any service-oriented conference calls to supply definition.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations to meet company and customer requirements.
· Ability to set priorities and to communicate to areas involving changes that could affect daily operations.
· Performs additional duties or work on projects as assigned by leadership.
· Responds to emails, voicemails, internal messages, etc. promptly.
· Use exemplary telephone skills to present a quality-oriented image where the customer is treated in a consistent, courteous, and efficient manner, so that the impression is one of excellence.
· Make on-site visits with sales team, when necessary.
Nonessential Job Responsibilities:
· Accepts overflow workload delegated by the Customer Service Lead or Operations Manager.
· Answer overflow phone calls directed toward customer service.
· Willingness to be cross trained and substitute in other Customer Service positions as needed, at the direction of the Customer Service Lead or Operations Manager.
Language Skills: Intermediate Skills
Mathematical Skills: Basic Skills
Reasoning Ability: Intermediate Skills
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Exchange
Transportation Management System: AS400
Education: HS Diploma/GED
Years of Experience: 1-2 years
Specialized Training: NONE
Certificates and Licenses: NONE