Tool and Die Designer - Relocate Thomasville, GA
- Posted: 7 days ago
Check-Mate Manufacturing LLC is a subsidiary of Check-Mate Industries and is located as a start-up facility in Thomasville, GA. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries including aerospace, automotive, firearms, cosmetics, and medical industries. The unsurpassed customer service of the company has long been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stampings and assemblies. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out-performs its competition.
Check-Mate Manufacturing offers competitive pay, benefits and relocation assistant.
TOOL & DIE DESIGNER
Check-Mate Manufacturing has an opening for Tool & Die Designer. This position will coordinate the repair, rebuild, improvement, and new design for Dies and Tooling. This position will be responsible for designs, details, and the creation of new dies, and will also research new technologies and innovations in order to develop new products and improve on existing products as well as reduce costs. The Tool and Die Designer will be expected to communicate with all levels of the plant and with customers and vendors in an effective and respectful manner.
US Citizens and Green Card Holders. This Position requires relocation to Thomasville, GA. $5,000 relocation assistance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Includes, but may not be limited to the following
- Tool and die designer designs tools and manage our CAD/SolidWorks/Logo-Press design suite for the purpose of drafting plans and retrieving plans
- Tool and die designer design the following:
- Progressively pierces and forms dies which include stock strip development.
- Performs single hit pierces and forms dies
- Tool and die designer provide designs that are manufactural, accurate, meet project scope, and will work with departments in the plant to ensure work conveys correct information and is error free.
- Tool and die designer consults and works with tool and die makers, quality department, design and production engineers, press operators and assembly line workers as required to ensure proper part and die design criteria is met.
- Tool and die designer designs gauges to verify part to blueprint.
- Tool and die designer direct/assist in all phases of production implementation to production release.
- Tool and die designer selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings or illustrations to amplify publication objectives
- Tool and die designer uses SolidWorks/Logo Press software to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings, images, and other forms of communication
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Tool Designer
- Excellent working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Strong background in metal working materials, mechanics, and heat treating
- Required experience in a metal stamping environment (i.e., knowledge of presses and different dies used in metal stamping such as progressive, draw, miscellaneous, etc.)
- Required experience and familiarity with EDM, CNC machine tools and part making
- Can represent themselves, the department and the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Associate's Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or related field
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker Certificate
- Experience with Solid Works Logo-Press, and Auto Cad
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid mechanical aptitude, ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of different materials and production methods
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Die Design Examples will be required for discussion during interview.
- Excellent compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term and long-term disability
- 12 Days PTO and 10 Holidays
- 401k participation after 1 year
- Training and Development Opportunities
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Check-Mate Industries