Check-Mate Industries, LLC located in Thomasville, Georgia is growing. We have two (2) locations; one in New York and our newest facility in Georgia. Over the past 40 years, Check-Mate has proven to be the winning move for hundreds of customers in a diverse range of industries. The company has been recognized as an innovator and leader in tool & die, stamping and assembly. Whether producing high-precision tools and progressive dies, stamping, or assemblies for everything from healthcare to personal security products, Check-Mate out-thinks, out-maneuvers, and out-performs its competition.
Check-Mate Industries has open positions for Tool & Die-Makers to build, repair and maintain: dies, fixtures, and all other tooling in conformance to customer and/or company specifications per control plans.
We offer competitive benefits, pay and relocation assistance.
- Tool & Die-Makers conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications; makes adjustments as necessary.
- Tool & Die-Makers cut, shape and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes, using power saws, power shears, rules and hand tools.
- Tool & Die-Makers file, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Tool & Die-Makers inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Tool & Die-Makers lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Tool & Die-Makers measure, mark, and scribe metal or plastic stock to layout machining, using instruments such as protractors, micrometers, scribes, and rulers.
- Tool & Die-Makers select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys, based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Tool & Die-Makers set up and operates conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Tool & Die-Makers set up and operate drill presses to drill and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Tool & Die-Makers smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Tool & Die-Makers study blueprints, sketches, modes, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies or assemblies.
- Tool & Die-Makers verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Tool & Die-Makers visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies based on specifications.
- Tool & Die-Makers cast plastic tools or parts, or tungsten-carbide cutting tips, using pre-made molds.
- Tool & Die-Makers design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aides in the fabrication of parts or products.
- Tool & Die-Makers develop and design new tools and dies, using computer aided design software.
- Tool & Die-Makers set pyrometer controls of heat-treating furnaces and feed or place parts, tools or assemblies into furnaces to harden.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or trade school diploma program
- Journeyman Tool & Die Maker and/ or completion of an apprenticeship (4 years) or advanced manufacturing certificate, followed by at least 4 years of on the job training
- Must have a minimum of 5-years’ experience in the trade; emphasis on small precision stampings from progressive dies
- An ability to communicate effectively in English both in writing and verbally (Preferred)
- Knowledge/ experience with of AutoCAD, Solid works, and EDM (a Plus)
Powered by JazzHR