M&M Industries is a leading manufacture of plastic containers and lids. Using injection equipment from 350 to 1000 ton presses.The Maintenance Manager is responsible for safety leadership and all maintenance operations, including equipment safety, maximizing machine productivity and uptime, as well as the condition and upkeep of the facility. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
The Maintenance Manager is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity; fairness, creating a positive, inclusive work environment, and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for:
- Development and management of all maintenance activities, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority
- Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability
- Managing improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions, and for department budget cost effectiveness.
- Development and training of associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Participates and/or leads initiatives for capital projects and problem-solving activities
- Assures purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures
- Supporting, maintaining, and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability
- Facilitating team meetings & trainings
- Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues
- Provide leadership for the ongoing development of the organization, as well as the strategic development of individual talent for succession planning
- Manage budgets including capital planning, contributing to controllable margin and optimizing financial levers
- Maintain long-term big picture view to forecast obstacles and opportunities training and developing skills to enhance team performance
- Encourage innovation among associates within the department
- Leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds team work, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Staff, recruit, retain and develop talent
Manages the activities of manufacturing mechanics team and team leaders in the execution of the reliability maintenance program as a means to eliminate machine downtime. Responding to breakdowns when they occur with urgency.
- Plans, organizes, and controls shift operations to ensure timely and accurate changeovers in order to meet the daily production schedule.
Determines root cause and implements sustainable preventatives actions in response to Quality Non-Conformances
- Experience with preventative maintenance systems (CMMS)
- Maintenance and 5S & Safety
- Proactive maintenance leadership
- Root Cause Analysis
- Budgeting and project management
- Five (5) years' experience as a key maintenance leader in a manufacturing facility
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Evident business leadership skills and with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various audiences
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships
- Ability to motivate, engage and develop strong teams
- Previous experience with project management, to include capital projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and basic PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to drive results to achieve financial goals
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Ability to physically perform requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with LEAN processes
Job Type: Full-time