Chief Marketing Officer
- Expired: January 27, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chief Marketing Officer
Chattanooga Tourism Co. (CT Co.)
FLSA Status: EXEMPT Job Department: Marketing Communications
Direct Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer FT/PT: Full Time
The Chief Marketing Officer leads the marketing team whose principal role is driving Chattanooga's brand awareness as a destination for visitors. The Marketing team provides marketing and communications support for every internal team including business development (sales), sports, guest services, and administrative teams.
This position joins the Chief Business Development Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Sports Officer as a member of the senior management team led by the CEO. This is a hybrid in-office/work from home position. The selected candidate must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Chattanooga, TN area.
- Lead all marketing objectives identified in the strategic and annual business plans
- Lead development of communications strategies that drive visitation and increase the social and economic value of tourism in the region
- Lead and manage professional marketing team, including four direct reports and up to six additional staff members
- Collaborate with staff, area marketing partners, and vendors to grow brand awareness of Chattanooga as a destination for leisure, meetings, group travel and sporting events
- Manage the strategic development and execution of integrated marketing plans including earned, shared, paid and owned media
- Oversee the development and growth of every aspect of marketing and development including the website, social, digital, brand advocacy, brand experience, cultural, and print materials.
- Direct marketing research to provide greater insight into the opportunities for market growth and marketing campaign effectiveness
- Facilitate tracking and reporting of community and organizational KPIs to staff, board, partners, and other audiences as needed
- Ensure supporting agencies and contractors meet established marketing KPIs
- Serve as manager of the destination and organization brands
- Facilitate the development of cooperative marketing packages and opportunities for local industry partners
- Manage a multi-million annual budget, RFP process, contracts and relationships with all marketing and communications-related vendors, contractors, and activities
- Represent Chattanooga Tourism Co in the community, state and national tourism industry, and media as needed
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the CEO
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- Master's degree in marketing or MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years' experience in marketing, communications or related fields required
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience serving in a leadership role required
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in creating marketing plans, overseeing research and reporting required
- Previous experience with brand management required
- Previous experience leading teams and managing people required
- Previous experience with budget management preferred
- Previous experience in hospitality preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written & public presentation communication skills
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Up to date on current marketing technologies
- Visionary, strategic, innovative
- Balances long and short-term decisions
- Proactive conflict resolution
- Credible, trustworthy, ethical
- Works with minimal direction and supervision
- Positive attitude about the community
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, depending upon nature of project
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interact positively at all levels within the organization, community, and business and political leaders who are influential to the success of the CT Co.
- Effective long and short-term planning
- Establish goals and objectives, develop action plans, and monitor progress
- Organized and realistically prioritizes multiples projects and schedules
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and changing circumstances
- Welcomes challenges & opportunities, and organizes resources effectively in response
- Accurate, organized, analytical
- Understands and calculates importance of decisions on the organization
- Considers cost/benefit and ROI - fiscally responsible
- Interacts with people effectively
- Able and willing to share and receive information
- Cooperates within the group and across groups
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Draws on the strengths of team members
- Is very effective in organizing team meetings
- Attributes achievements to team effort
- Able to support other staff members of the CT Co. to further promote the effectiveness and success of the organization
- A complete range of motion is required in the position including but not limited to: balancing, carrying, climbing, crawling, grasping/handling/feeling, kneeling, lifting (up to 25 lbs.), listening, pulling or pushing, reaching, running, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, walking, etc.
- Additionally, driving or riding in a vehicle, and flying in an airplane may be required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The typical work environment is an environmentally controlled business office with core business hours being Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM. Flexible hours are available, as is a hybrid-remote schedule.
- Potential for occasional earlier morning, later evenings and weekends
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Chattanooga Tourism Co.
Get fresh Chief Marketing Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!