Chattanooga Sports Intern - Spring 2023 Semester
- Expired: January 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Chattanooga Sports Intern is a team member of Chattanooga Sports, which is the integrated sports development division of the Chattanooga Tourism Co. (CTC).
The team believes in improving our community's economic and social prosperity through maximizing sports tourism. We promote this vision by:
- Driving out-of-town visitor demand and impact through:
- Creating & managing owned sporting events contemplating our regional assets and resources
- Cultivating the growth of annual repeat business through collaboration with local partners and event owners
- Capturing new sports business development opportunities
- Developing positive relationships internally and externally within the community
- Focusing on sports business strategy development, performance measurements, and event evaluation and effectiveness
- Manages processes, progress and roles associated with fulfillment & event management
- Assist with account data collection, entry and reporting within the CRM.
- Support in creating event management plans for owned events
- Support in execution of volunteer management
- Support activation of sports advertising/marketing campaigns/sports services tools, i.e. event microsites, social media, client gifts
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Chattanooga Sports Team Members, or chief-level staff of the Chattanooga Tourism Co.
- Must be a current student and provide proof of university internship enrollment
- Must meet and follow guidelines of the university's internship program
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours a week
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written & public presentation communication skills
- Proficiency across social media platforms
- Familiar with basic customer relationship management (CRM) software applications
- Interacts with people effectively
- Able and willing to share and receive information
- Cooperates within the group and across groups
- Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Draws on the strengths of team members
- Is very effective in organizing team meetings
- Attributes achievements to team effort
- Able to support other staff members of the CTC to further promote the effectiveness and success of the organization
- A complete range of motion is required in the position including but not limited to: balancing, carrying, climbing, crawling, grasping/handling/feeling, kneeling, lifting (up to 35 lbs.), listening, pulling or pushing, reaching, running, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, walking, etc.
- Driving or riding in a vehicle may be required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The typical work environment is an environmentally controlled business office with weekday hours being in the range of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Occasional earlier morning, later evenings and weekend assignments
- Off-site work during special events
- There are occasions when, in order to perform your job, you may have to work in a confining space, dirty environment, extreme temperatures or weather conditions, air contamination (strong odors, smoke, etc.), improper illuminations, loud noises, etc.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Employment Type: INTERN
Chattanooga Tourism Co.
736 Market StreetChattanooga, TN
Get fresh Sport Engineering jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.