- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT CHATTANOOGA PREP
Chattanooga Preparatory School is an all-boys public charter school that opened its doors to students in August 2018. Located in the Highland Park area, close to downtown Chattanooga, we are positioned to provide a unique and impactful educational opportunity for the young men in our urban communities. Our city has a boundless capacity for innovation, transformation, and economic prosperity. Unfortunately, these opportunities are not accessible for all members of our community, especially young men in urban core neighborhoods who are disproportionately impacted by poverty and educational inequity. It is our belief that students have gifts and talents that have been underserved. The families and young men of Chattanooga deserve greater opportunity and choice. Our aim is to inspire, empower, and educate the men of tomorrow in the hopes that their successes will create generational change within our communities
To engage young men in a rigorous yet supportive learning environment that nurtures resilience, promotes academic excellence, inspires leadership, and prepares critical thinkers.
SCIENCE 8th Grade
- Plan, deliver, and assess highly effective instruction aligned to national and state content standards, and internal STEM Prep goals and benchmarks.
- Enact the Chattanooga Prep college preparatory curriculum using evidence-based instructional practices tailored to students’ needs.
- Engage in continuous and sustained reflection on teaching practices and leadership behaviors, and adapt methods as needed to achieve school goals and performance objectives.
- Develop strong and sustained relationships with parents and members of the community by creating opportunities for involvement in students’ learning and development.
- Plan and collaborate with Chattanooga Prep teachers and colleagues to reach shared goals and objectives.
- Foster a motivating, supportive, learning-centered culture of excellence in a well-structured and managed classroom.
- Be innovative. Create exciting and engaging, inquiry-oriented learning activities.
CHARACTERISTICS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Meet the licensing requirements for the State of Tennessee OR be considered highly qualified.
- A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible roles.
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
- An unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and high expectations of all students.
- A capacity to motivate and lead in order to yield the highest academic performance possible from all students.
- A team-oriented approach and the ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to give constructive feedback to facilitate student growth and academic achievement.
- Openness to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate growth and achievement of both students and faculty.
- Experience in working with middle grades students in urban environments.
Chattanooga Prep offers competitive salary and benefits, offers small size classrooms and a relaxed environment with comfortable working hours. Competitive retirement plans through Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System, including a hybrid 401k and pension plan. In 2018, TCRS was ranked in the top four best funded State Pension plans by the Pew Charitable Trust
Chattanooga Preparatory School
EducationView all jobs at Chattanooga Preparatory School