Director of Talent Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you believe in creating positive change by helping companies find and develop the best talent? Want to be a part of helping individuals gain the skills necessary for a great job? If you are searching for creative, strategic work in workforce and talent development and a job that offers flexibility and a high level of career visibility, we want you to become our Director of Talent Development, a key team member for our Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce. The position reports to the Vice President of Economic Development.
In this job, you will work with employers and education partners to develop talent pipelines for Chattanooga’s business community by coordinating and executing strategies that support the human capital needs of regional employers and building and supporting collaborative partnerships with business, education and community leaders.
To apply, submit a persuasive cover letter and confidential resume to the attention of Charles Wood, VP Economic Development. Submissions should be combined into one .PDF file, and emailed by 2 p.m., February 20, 2022 to: email@example.com.
Essential Functions Include:
- In tandem with the VP, formulate and execute the Chamber’s talent strategies for the strategic plan, annual business plan and for the Chamber Foundation campaign Chattanooga Climbs.
- Establish and work with employer councils in target industries to create talent pipelines and career pathways in the Chattanooga region.
- Collaborate with Hamilton County Schools, private sector partners and area colleges and universities to strengthen and create Future Ready Institutes, work-based-learning programs and key college and university programs.
- Pursue and manage grants in support of the Chamber’s talent development and acquisition strategies.
- Conduct research and provide information, analysis and performance reports supporting talent pipeline and career pathways to employer councils, Chamber board and committees.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with stakeholders in the business and education communities to identify and implement strategies to align talent development programming with business community strategies and needs.
- Develop marketing strategies and business development plans to expand and increase awareness and penetration of programs and services to businesses in target industries and individuals.
- Lead and manage staff in creating, implementing and executing programs and partnerships in the talent development and education arenas that achieve the Chamber’s goals for a talented workforce pipeline.
- Work with the VP to develop and implement a monitoring and reporting system by which to evaluate the effectiveness of the Chamber’s education, talent recruitment and development efforts.
- Partner with the VP of Public Policy to monitor external business, legislative and educational environments to identify emerging business, education and policy issues to build and modify relationships to effect positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4 years work experience, ideally including human relations, employee management and education, nonprofit or economic development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic planning and/or group facilitation experience, project management and strong administrative skills
For more information visit www.ChattanoogaChamber.com/jobs
Chattanooga Area Chamber of CommerceWhy Work Here?
The Chattanooga Chamber takes an entrepreneurial approach job creation and is recognized for its lead role in Chattanooga's growth success.
811 Broad St. Ste 100Chattanooga, TN
BusinessView all jobs at Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce