Inside Sales Manager (Chatt, TN-Jerome Ave)
Chatt, TN - Jerome Ave Chattanooga, TN
- Posted: over a month ago
Inside Sales Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for timely and professional preparation and maintenance of all quotes and files including maintaining professional quality.
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of quotes sent. This requires daily contact with engineering with regards to current specifications.
- Assist in order changes as required.
- Assist in sales forecasting and budgeting, maintain sales group budget within plan and/or adjusted plans as necessary.
- Responsible for overall order entry; quality and accuracy; ensure what is being done with what is needed down the line and following the job to completion.
- Responsible for all IPS inside sales group interaction with outside sales. Continually contact and follow up with outside sales to make sure they are getting what they need and like within reason.
- Always provide outstanding support to the outside sales team
- Attend various sales meetings for the IPS group as determined by the Group VP Sales and Marketing
- Ensure coordination between the internal sales efforts of all IPS sites through teamwork
- Promote excellent customer service within the IPS group (internal and external); everything gets done on time
- Lead, manage, and supervise Inside Sales employees and provide guidance for their activities. Work with each associate to ensure they have the proper training and tools to do their job effectively.
- Have department ready, willing, and able to respond to inquiries as quickly and accurately as possible, as well as in an appropriate manner.
- Conduct weekly meeting of IPS inside sales group.
- Evaluate and recommend any additions and/or changes in policies that will help the group and/or company obtain goals
- Keep in contact with Manufacturing and Engineering Managers to have a feel for deliveries; be prepared to answer delivery questions as soon as possible.
- Evaluate and recommend changes of pricing to the Group VP Sales and Marketing consistent with company goals and objectives.
- Lead quote cost analysis and margin projections with finance and advise on pricing decisions to achieve desired profitability.
- Supervise IPS inside sales group including associate hiring, termination, discipline, formal written evaluations semi-annually, training, and career development.
- Promote a positive team atmosphere for the department
- Fill in where necessary, including but not limited to entering sales orders, work orders, special quotations including follow up.
- Assist any Regional Sales Director in Major Sales and Parts Departments with quotations as needed.
- Talk with customers about quotes, problems, or anything else they may need.
- Attend seminars, sales department training, sales meetings, etc. as determined by VP Sales and Marketing. This will involve overnight travel 8-10 times per year.
- Travel to other IPS sites as deemed necessary by Group VP Sales and Marketing
- Always follow company policies and rules
- Executes internal Sarbanes-Oxley control responsibilities with diligence and integrity.
- Confidentiality is a must.
- Always maintain a professional dress code.
- Proper etiquette at all time with customers, fellow associates, and all other contacted during business or otherwise representing any Astec company.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Sales coordinators and clerical staff positions for the IPS group.
- Four-year college degree in business field or equivalent experience required.
- Prior experience in a sales environment required.
- Experience selling equipment in the construction industry, particularly in the asphalt industry is a plus.
- Experience in Oracle is required
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written, analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening, presentation and facilitation skills required
- Ability to effectively write reports and present information to associates, upper management, customers, and corporate is required.
- Must be energetic, highly motivated and can function in a high-pace environment with varying schedules.
- Must be able to work satisfactorily as a team member.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, and training skills required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills required
- Highly motivated and self-directed required with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interface with a variety of groups which may at times not be in total accord; ability to find the common ground required often
- Excellent negotiation, leadership, and people skills required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume is required.
Chatt, TN - Jerome Ave
BusinessView all jobs at Chatt, TN - Jerome Ave