The DevOps Engineer tackles our toughest technical problems pertaining to Service Delivery and thereafter, smooth operations for our SaaS platform. The ideal candidate loves being the person who interfaces between the Development team to understand their needs, understands technologies used in the Cloud Based Development, understands where the gaps often are between these two, and is excited about filling those gaps and taking proactive steps to ensure smooth functioning of the systems utilizing resources optimally. This person is deeply familiar with a variety of monitoring solutions, understands New Relic in depth, and is able to set up, configure, and use these tools to identify potential gaps and stop them from ever becoming an issue.
What You Will Do:
- Manages the Continuous Integration process, Deployment process, Quality Control, Systems reliability and scalability including reporting, configuration and deployment of solutions.
- Be accountable for all aspects of deployment and technical operations including technical project resources (partners/subcontractors or staff), scheduling, risk management, internal and external communications, status reporting, and resource management (internal and partners).
- Manages operational aspects of production and development systems including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development resources, source control access, scheduling and more.
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with the product development initiatives.Establishment of standards and processes for operations that proactively prevent problems from occurring
- Identify technical and process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards, and socialize/advocate to get them implemented
- Evaluates technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers, analyzing open source technologies and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations
- Provides Technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Work with Product Management for estimates, timelines, project plans, and status reports
- Assign and monitors the work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implements quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4+ years of DevOps Management or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- Possesses expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
- Possesses deep understanding in the areas of Cloud Based Development, API, databases, and system design, software development lifecycle best practices
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts. Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills Strong desire to automate delivery, monitoring and reporting.
- Exposure to full lifecycle of product development - encompassing concept to production.