Manager, Technical Services/AV
- Expired: January 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager, Technical Services/AV
Chatham University seeks qualified candidates for the position of Manager, Technical Services/AV. This position reports to Chatham's Chief Information Officer with a dotted reporting line to the Director of Teaching and Technology Development.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes employee and student success and retention.
The Manager, Technical Services/AV will:
- Manage and support Chatham University's events, including large events such as commencement and graduation and smaller event setups with support from IT Support Services.
- Develop external contractor/vendor agreements and standards.
- Provide classroom learning technologies implementation and utilization support, as well as help support planning new classroom technology needs.
- Manage classroom repair and maintenance with support from other ITS areas.
- Develop and maintain programs to recruit, train, mentor, and cultivate student work study positions for the ITS departments.
- Support the Office of Teaching and Technology Development in providing training, support, and documentation on campus-wide classroom technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Technical Services/AV works closely with several areas within the Information Technology Services department, including The Office of Teaching and Technology Development and IT Support Services, to assure service level agreements are met and the best possible support for the campus community is provided:
- Inventory all classrooms and available equipment.
- Monitor, maintain, and support all classroom technology needs.
- Maintain inventory of all classroom technologies utilizing asset management software.
- Support the development and maintenance of the living 5-year ITS Strategic Plan.
- Develop and maintain 5-year classroom refresh as part of the ITS Strategic Plan.
- Plan annual upgrades.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to provide repairs and upgrades to classrooms that cannot be completed in-house.
- Manage day-to-day support and repairs by servicing in-house with support from the ITS Support Services area.
- Provide tech support to faculty and staff as needed.
- Collaborate with ITS department groups to develop documentation, training, and support for internal and external users.
- Develop and update documentation and training videos on classroom technologies.
- Consult and collaborate with faculty, students, and staff on classroom technology and AV projects.
- Implementation of classroom hardware and technologies.
- Coordinate AV needs for campus events.
- Maintain inventory of all available audiovisual equipment utilizing asset management software.
- Keep AV inventory operational and up-to-date.
- Manage and recruit work study students to support ITS areas, including events.
- Work with Career Services and program faculty to recruit student support.
- Oversee training of work study students with support from related ITS area staff.
- Manage TDX ticketing system related to events and classroom maintenance.
- Schedule equipment and personnel to be deployed at campus events based on the needs of the request.
- Post-secondary degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in technical event management, preferably in a higher education setting.
- 2-3 years of experience in Higher Education classroom support, development, and maintenance.
- Experience with a wide range of classroom related hardware/software in an academic environment.
- Experience training users individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of end users.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively convey information in-person and in writing.
- Ability to work with vendors to obtain merchandise and services.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Integrity, adaptability, and ability to work independently and as both team leader and team member.
- Excellent organization skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
Interested applicants should go to www.chatham.edu to apply. All documents should be uploaded at the same time at the time of application.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TechnologyView all jobs at Chatham University