The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful implementation of projects across all areas of the business (e.g. Marketing, Technology, Operations, Customer Service, Finance, etc.) Candidate will possess strong strategic thinking, problem solving, communication and analytical skills and must be able to work in a fast paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and able to demonstrate excellent project management, negotiation, communication, problem-solving skills, and customer-focus. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project management requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Deliver large-scale projects on-time, on-budget, and on-scope
• Organize project teams by identifying areas of needed expertise and required skills
• Manage overall delivery of project across all functions including requirements gathering and project approval, design, build/customization, integration, and testing
• Manage requirements and project approval, including obtaining sign-off from all business lines and overseeing change management for tracking changes, once sign-off has been completed.
• Define, track, and ensure timely and accurate completion of project milestones and deliverables
• Develop and maintain the project budget from initiation to completion
• Identify and assess impacts and resolve project issues with management and/or project team
• Support budget tracking efforts to build NPV, allocating operational costs to appropriate projects
• Provide regular communications on project status to executive management and project teams
• Improve quality, implementation timing and cost for projects
• Build strong relationships
o Internal: Establish strong contact with all business functions and act as central hub
o External: Coordinate, act as day-to-day project contact with partner teams
• Liaison to business to scope prospective projects and determine project costs and business value
• Mentor junior and/or less tenured project managers
• Identify project management gaps in PMO and promote project management best practices
• Inherit and turn troubled projects around
• Assist with recruiting of PMO personnel
• Identify the appropriate project methodology for a project (waterfall, agile, hybrid, etc.)
• Participate in business case creation and maintenance throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring stakeholder alignment to project business value
• Able to manage, develop, and lead direct reports
• Open office environment.
• Some overtime required as special projects arise.
• Minimal Travel
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 8 years project management experience managing complex enterprise level projects and multiple projects in dynamic and demanding environments
• Project/strategic planning and business background with understanding of assigned areas of responsibility
• Demonstrated experience with waterfall project management
• Demonstrated presentation and training skills
• Experience working on technology integration projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science
• Minimum of 10 years project management experience managing complex and multiple projects in dynamic and demanding environments
• PMP certified
• Demonstrated experience with Agile project management
• Knowledge of the utility and/or the deregulated energy industry
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences in both written and oral form
• Ability to develop recommendations/action plans and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Root cause analysis and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to recognize the need to be hands-on and ready to roll up sleeves and dive deep when accordingly
• Ability to prioritize both routine and unpredictable work activities and identify exceptions and recommend solutions to leadership.
• Excellent personal computer skills within a Windows environment demonstrating advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with teams. Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use good judgment to make recommendations and decisions.
• Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty.
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- • Ability to comfortably navigate difficult conversations