If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Directly supervises food-service associates in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Advises management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Operates and cleans equipment in accordance with department procedures after each use.
- Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
- Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Operates food-service equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
- Helps serves meals; remains present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).