The staff accountant is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting for Charter Schools USA within established deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for multiple entities, which includes the following:
- Performs bank reconciliations
- Prepares and posts required journal entries
- Reviews & reconciles all balance sheet accounts
- Prepares summary of significant events and budget variances
- Prepares supporting documentation for financial statements including balance sheet schedules and other reconciliations
- Works closely with independent auditors during annual financial statement audit with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary
- Posts accounts to the General Ledger including but not limited to the following:
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Receipts
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Disbursements
- Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as necessary.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, schools, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Provides support such as schedules, data, information, for the annual budget process.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; supports company’s goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Prepares and analyzes complex financial reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
- Establishes a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting with demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in accounting software as well as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)