Accounting and Finance Specialist
Charter Schools USA Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To effectively manage all aspects of accounting and financial reporting for certain schools under EduServe. Handle other financing related responsibilities as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Management of accounting software which is QuickBooks Online.
· Performs bank reconciliations, prepares and posts journal entries, reconciles all balance sheet accounts, and prepares financial statements.
· Interacts with various departments to obtain current information.
· Reviews documents to ensure that all transactions are recorded correctly and timely.
· Prepares the budget and forecast.
· Reviews bank accounts to ensure cash is managed.
· Reviews accounts payable listing to determine which invoices are approved for payment.
· Financing related projects as needed.
· Work closely with independent auditors during the annual financial audit by providing supporting documentation, providing explanations of transactions and processes, and providing any information requested.
· AD Hoc projects or reporting as needed.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED** DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Related experience in accounting – QuickBooks Online experience is preferred.
2. Exposure to GAAP rules.
3. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company’s goals and strategic priorities.
4. Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
5. Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
6. Prepares and analyzes financial reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
7. Establishes a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
8. Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
9. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
10. Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
11. Demonstrates excellent written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
12. Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting or Finance.
· 2-5 years related experience.
· Computer Basics – MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and QuickBooks Online
· Skilled in Excel at the intermediate/advanced level
· Commitment to company values.
· Such alternatives to the above requirements as EduServe may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
· Usual office working conditions.
· No physical exertion required.
· Travel within or outside of state.
· Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with EduServe salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by EduServe.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt (salary) from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with EduServe’s policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
While we are proud of our awards, we believe our greatest accomplishments are gaining a 95% plus satisfaction rate from parents and achieving a district “A” academic average for the last 6 years from the Department of Education. At Charter Schools USA, we always put students first in every decision we make. That philosophy, along with a certified and dedicated staff has placed Charter Schools USA as a leader in education management nationally.
Charter Schools USAWhy Work Here?
One of the nation's leading Education Management Oragnizations, Students-first approach, unwavering dedication to student success.
Charter Schools USA is one of the oldest, largest and fastest-growing education management companies in the United States. Recently, AdvancEd awarded CSUSA the first Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) district accreditation for an education management company. We successfully manage high performing private and municipal schools for pre-Kindergarten through grade 12. We assist corporations, government entities, developers and nonprofit agencies with all phases of school design, planning, development, financing, construction, operations and curricula. We’ve also been instrumental in pushing forward legislative processes that have furthered education reform to help all students gain a high quality education. While we are proud of our awards, we believe our greatest accomplishments are gaining a 95% plus satisfaction rate from parents and achieving a district “A” academic average for the last 6 years from the Department of Education. At Charter Schools USA, we always put students first in every decision we make. That philosophy, along with a certified and dedicated staff has placed Charter Schools USA as a leader in education management nationally.
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
Finance and Insurance