Human Resources Generalist
Charter One Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Charter One works with schools across the country to provide all-inclusive education management services. At Charter One we pride ourselves on our thorough knowledge of charter school operations, academics, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, and more. We handle the day-to-day work so that client school boards can focus on governance and policy issues to be sure that the vision and mission of the school are being carried out properly.
Charter One is currently accepting applications for a Human Resources Generalist in North Carolina.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- As applicable, coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 and periodically audits I-9 forms. Additionally, ensures all employees are verified through E-verify as applicable.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews etc.)
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Responds to employees with general 401k inquiries, manages 401k changes as applicable.
- Interacts and communicates with potential candidates and future employees.
- Presents and explains benefit packages to current and new employees.
- Throughout the year, answers general inquiries regarding benefits as needed.
- Assists with coordination of open enrollment and 401k enrollment meetings.
- Processes employee paperwork such as verifications of employment, certificate renewal applications, payroll change forms, etc.
- Present letters of intent to candidates, signs contracts/agreements and completes new hire paperwork with all new employees to complete onboarding process.
- Participates in exit interviews.
- As needed, participates in employee separations/terminations.
- De-briefs and discusses state of company with members of the Executive Team as needed.
- Tracks credentials of all staff including background checks.
- Ensures all candidates have obtained proper credentialing prior to official hire.
- Gathers and tracks employee hours-worked data in relation to ACA and PTO compliance guidelines.
- As applicable, communicates with representatives from NC DPI, and other regulatory authorities regarding compliance questions and updates.
- Assists with compiling data for state and federal audits.
- Distributes required labor law notices to all locations.
- Completed background check
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Business acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential
Charter OneWhy Work Here?
Charter One offers a competitive salary, health benefits, paid time off, and 401k investment options including employer contributions.
To provide charter schools with the support and expertise they need to provide the best educational experience to as many students as possible in a moral and wholesome environment.