When you work at Charter Manufacturing you're part of a four-generation family business. That means, you're not just an employee, you're one of our family members.
Support the philosophy of zero defects and Continuous Improvement by participating in Advance Quality Planning (APQP), Continuous Improvement initiatives, and other actions. Lead or participate in problem solving teams. Complete corrective and preventative actions. Participate in other quality-related projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other related degree or a combination of education and experience.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or six plus years' experience in quality control.
- Experience in leading problem solving efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of gauges.
- Demonstrated ability to apply team problem solving techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience in an organization with ISO/Quality Management System Requirements
- Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Experience in APQP process and PPAP preparation.
- Strong Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge.
- Experience with direct customer contact in a quality role.
- Related industry experience.
- Participate or lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process and teams. Ensure successful launch of new products and processes, process capability and control to meet customer requirements.
- Participate or lead cross-functional product trial review team to ensure products and processes meet applicable quality and productivity criteria.
- Create, review, and verify all quality supporting documentation, including PFD's, FMEA's and Control Plans.
- Develop and implement standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Work with related departments to design and develop new gauging processes or equipment.
- Perform production readiness evaluations, and report/identify recommended actions.
- Participate in or lead Continuous Improvement projects supporting safety, quality, and productivity initiatives
- Facilitate or lead corrective and preventive action teams resulting from customer complaints, internal quality problems, or Continuous Improvement initiatives. Communicate results of these activities to customers, as applicable.
- Provide technical assistance to other departments or customers as needed.
- Assist in developing and maintaining control of the quality management system, related communication, training, and documentation.
- Perform internal and supplier audits. Maintain auditing documentation. Train employees in auditing related methods or procedures as needed.
- Promote an environment of open communication and teamwork regarding quality.
- Follow Environmental, Quality and Safety Management System procedures and requirements.
- Ability to meet the essential job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation, as outlined in the job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Manager
Primary internal customers: Production, Maintenance, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement
Primary external customers: Suppliers
- Working with others to follow quality procedures without direct authority.
- Achieving customer satisfaction, for both external and internal customers, when priorities and lead times are established by others.
- Instilling ownership of process throughout the business.