LVN/LPN Visiting Nurse
- $24 to $34 Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse provides skilled nursing care for assigned patients. He/she works cooperatively with the other members of the Interdisciplinary Team. The LVN provides intermittent visits or shifts of skilled nursing care, performs prescribed medical treatments, including pain management and symptom control, provides nursing observations, provides teaching regarding the expected course of the disease, care techniques and other health measures to the patient, family or other primary care giver, provides counseling and supportive care to the patient and family, and participates in the care plan development and implementation.
REPORTS TO: Registered Nurse
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of vocational/practical nursing.
Credentials: Current license within the State or valid compact.
Current Basic Life Support license (BLS).
Experience: 1+ years’ experience as an LVN/LPN in Hospice, Palliative, or Home health, or similar field is preferred.
Core Competencies: Demonstrated competency in performance of skilled nursing functions. Ability to work with dying patients and their families. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the home patients and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with other members of the team. Ability to plan a personal work schedule and work independently to complete the assignment on a timely basis. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reports changes in the patient’s conditions and needs to the RN Case Manager Clinical Leaders.
2. Under the direction of a registered nurse or supervisor, follows patient’s nursing care plan and Plan of Treatment prescribed by the physician as permitted by scope of practice.
3. Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and RN reactions to treatments, including drugs, and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition.
4. Accurately describes patient problems in relations to diagnosis.
5. Provides those services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of care.
6. Educates and instructs the patient and patient's family. Performs skilled observation of patient condition, mental, social and emotional status on each visit.
7. Demonstrates capacity to describe findings of the complete patient inventory which accurately reflects patient condition.
8. Identifies potentially harmful changes in patient condition and reports to the clinical supervisor and/or MD as required.
9. Provides patient and family with complete and accurate teaching so that change in patient and patient caregiver behavior is observable.
10. Performs complete bedside nursing when required.
11. Delivers all the required documentation to the offices of the Agency on the designated submission days of the week.
12. Assists the Clinical Supervisor and/or RN Team Leader to optimize schedules and routings for quality of care and containment of agency costs.
13. Administers personal, hygienic, and therapeutic measures for patients.
14. Assists the physician and/or registered nurse in performing specialized procedures.
15. Observes universal precautions. Prepares equipment for treatments, including sterilization and observation of aseptic technique.
16. Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments, and care of patient.
17. Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
18. Demonstrates flexibility in patient scheduling and readily accepts new assignments.
19. Observes for safety hazards in the patient’s and organization’s environments and takes appropriate steps to reduce or eliminate them.
20. Maintains continuing education through academic studies, seminars, and workshops.
21. Attends and participates in in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
22. Participates in Agency Quality Improvement Program.
23. Completes all documentation in an accurate and legible manner.
24. Complies with policies and procedures, laws and regulations and standards of practice.
25. All other duties deemed necessary and appropriate.
Charter Health HoldingsPalm Desert, CA
HealthcareView All Charter Health Holdings Jobs
Get fresh LVN/LPN Visiting Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.