- Posted: January 13, 2023
The Executive Director organizes and directs the functions with overall responsibility for day to day
operations, complying with applicable rules and regulations and reporting to the Governing Body. The
Administrator or qualified alternate is available during normal business hours. He/she implements the
organization's purposes in a manner consistent with the goals, objectives, and policies established by
the Governing Body.
REPORTS TO: Executive Team
SUPERVISES: Department Managers
Education: Bachelor's Degree or higher is preferred.
Credentials: Certificate in Hospice, Palliative Care, or Home Health Management is desired.
Experience: Supervisory or administrative experience in hospice, home health, or related
health-care fields or education in administration is desired.
Core Competencies: Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and make effective decisions.
Possesses ability to think critically and problem solve. Knowledge of regulatory
and financial aspects of the program. Excellent verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills. Possesses a sympathetic attitude toward
caring for patients and demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting
with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Organizes and directs all services and functions of the organizational program.
2. Maintains and evaluates the program in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and
3. Reports to governing body and acts on recommendations of authorized planning, regulatory
and inspecting agencies, and contracted managed care organization
4. Adheres to partner/provider contractual obligations.
5. Ensures accuracy of public information materials and activities.
6. Employs an adequate number of qualified personnel to carry out the functions of the company,
provides for initial orientation of new employees, a continuous in-service training program and
competent supervision designed to improve patient care and employee efficiency and
7. Monitors financial resources to support operations by maximizing reimbursement and the
appropriateness of care provided.
8. Develops or coordinates the implementation of annual program budget and monitors the
accuracy and reliability of financial data.
9. Establishes a system of billing and recordkeeping for all services provided by, or contracted by
10. On an annual basis and in conjunction with appropriate company personnel, provides to the
governing body an annual report of program.
11. Maintains written service agreements, including financial arrangements, with other approved
providers for appropriate services necessary to meet the needs of the patient/family.
12. In conjunction with the Director of Patient Care Services, ensure the effective management of
the Interdisciplinary Team.
13. Responsible for Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement.
14. Establishes and maintains productivity standards of services delivery consistent with company
15. Overall coordination of effective documentation systems of IDT and maintains appropriate
16. Interprets health regulations as pertaining to the company and directs appropriate information
17. Provides consultation and education to community to increase knowledge related to the
company and serves as information source and education resource person to community,
agency personnel and volunteers as appropriate.
18. All other tasks and duties deemed necessary and appropriate.
Charter Health Holdings
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?