- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
I. Goal: Under general supervision of the CFO, serves as General Accountant, and performs a wide variety of sensitive and confidential accounting and administrative support functions. Provide work direction to other administrative support members.
Monday-Friday - 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
III. Accounting: Day to Day Functions to include:
1. Review/verify and approve all Accounts Payable edits/audits, Accounts Receivable Journals, Cash Receipts Journals, General Journals, Job Cost Journals and hourly Payroll
2. Backup Payroll administration – Backup to process Office payroll, Field payroll and subcontractor payroll
3. Job Cost overview; review and reconcile CP accounting labor reports with Vista to include backlog and PM goals and billings; review Labor reports for quarterly contract processing and accuracy
4. Manage Regions Credit card system and/to Propaint
5. Monthly GL Close and processing of financial statements. Prepare bank reconciliations, quarterly reporting, payroll reporting and deposits
6. Cash flow and checkbook administration
7. Assist with annual insurance renewals for workers compensation, general liability and property policies and audits. Assist administrative staff with the renewal of certificates of insurance directly job related
8. Mail distribution
9. Backup to 401(k) Administration
10. Incentive bonus program processing
11. Participates in all audits, e.g. GL, Workers Compensation and Company Review
12. Review billings for accuracy
13. Liaison of accounting and project management teams. Coordinate workflows, communication of work through each team
14 Process insurance and OCIP (owner controller insurance plan) information as needed. Prepare OCIP labor packages and monthly reports for contracted jobs. Recap field payroll information for annual audits
15. Oversee IT – workstations, printers, laptops, iPads, servers, etc. Coordination and oversight of outside IT Company
16. Oversee Company document shred
Miscellaneous Tasks/General Requirements:
1. Participate in company sponsored training as made available
2. Computer literacy required
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Professional and polished in appearance and speech
5. Self-motivated and punctual
6. Able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills
7. Competent with computer software such as Microsoft Office products (word, excel, outlook); construction accounting; proficient in writing, understanding construction contracts
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Above average knowledge of mathematics required. Ability to apply mathematical concepts of probability and statistical inference, algebra and geometry to practical situations. Ability to calculate interest, discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to fingers, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and may climb or balance, and stoop. The employee may be required to move or lift up to 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to drive a vehicle and should maintain a driver’s license. Normal office conditions with moderate noise level from office machines will exist.
Charlotte Paint Co, LLC
1604 Lane RoadMount Holly, NC
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Senior Accountant Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.