Psychiatrist - On Call
This position provides on-call coverage for our adult/child crisis stabilization unit and also an adult short-term residential recovery center (detoxification). This position requires rotating on-site and by phone on weekends, holidays and occasionally weeknights for a 19-bed CSU and a 13 bed detoxification center
- Must be licensed in the State of Florida as an M.D.
- Must be Board certified or Board eligible in a psychiatric specialty
- Must have two years experience in a psychiatric setting.
Essential Duties, Requirements & Activities
- Perform psychiatric evaluations on all new patients at the CSU.
- Provide pharmacological management to all patients daily.
- Provide emergency treatment orders as needed.
- Provides admission and discharge orders as appropriate for CSU and the Recovery Center.
- Conduct history and physical exam for new admissions to the Recovery Center.
- Must be available and answer phone promptly when on call. Weekend on-call hours begin Friday at 5:00 pm and end Monday at 8:00 am.
- Complete all required documents daily, including justification for patients' continued stay.
- Comply with all CBHC policies and procedures, especially confidentiality and CBHC code of conduct.
- Delivers person and family-centered care
- Demonstrates understanding of developmental/age-specific issues in the treatment of patients
- Interacts effectively with patients, supervisors, coworkers and external agency employees.
- Performs work in a safe and efficient manner. Complies with policies and procedures regarding workers' compensation, risk management, and security.
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Charlotte Behavioral Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is a Drug Free Workplace pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Program under Florida's Workers' Compensation Law.
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is the leading local community mental health & substance abuse provider in Punta Gorda, and with other locations in Port Charlotte, Sarasota, DeSoto and North Port.
CBHC is offering your next great job opportunity, and a work environment that strives to provide high quality, compassionate, cost effective health care services to the individuals and families we serve. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, (including generous retirement plan), and flexible work schedules.
"Committed to restoring hope & changing lives..."
Job Posted by ApplicantPro