Oppty to join the CBHC Team!
Why we hire the best qualified candidates...
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is a non-profit organization that has implemented the highest standards of compassionate and innovative services for those with mental health or substance use/recovery needs in Southwest Florida. We are proud of our talented professionals who partner with patients to embrace our mission to inspire hope, inspire growth, and embrace life. With us, professionals find careers in which they are nurtured to flourish in their natural talents as well as learn and grow amongst some of the industry's most inspiring leaders. We are a growing company that has prevailed despite unprecedented times during the pandemic, growing our teleservices by over 3,000%. Our clients and competitors recognize our strong strategies, life-changing services, and our focus on personnel as the core of our organization. We deliver care that changes people's lives and often saves them. If you are looking for a rewarding career and not just "another job," you are in the right place.
CBHC is for you!
PLEASE NOTE: Candidateswill need the ability to interviewremotely online, along with a remotepre-hire processing.
Licensed Practical Nurse Full Time
Outpatient Med Clinic: Punta Gorda
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director and/or ARNPs, employee performs duties associated with an LPN license in the Medical Outpatient facilities operated by a behavioral health center. Services are provided to adults and children. Position requires individual who can maintain strict consumer confidentiality.
1. Currently licensed in the state of Florida as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
2. Requires three to six months nursing experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3. Must be computer literate; and able to document into an electronic medical record.
1. Primary duty will be to attend to patient messages and staffing patient needs regarding medication refills and pharmacy inquiries while maintaining comprehensive and timely documentation.
2. Performance is consistent with LPN licensing standards, demonstrates working knowledge of best practice interventions in the treatment of substance dependency and mental illness.
3. Obtains and implements physician/ARNP orders per nursing interventions/protocols which are applicable to client needs and a safe therapeutic environment via least restrictive means.
4. Ensures that the therapeutic milieu is clean, safe, attractive and comfortable for individuals served. Identifies, documents and reports infectious disease, illnesses and injuries for clients and staff.
5. Intervenes and refers as necessary.
6. Provides medication-related information and education to consumers, as appropriate. Ensures informed consent and identifies possible contraindications/risks.
7. Supports a system of quality improvement that recognize medication errors in order to improve accuracy in dispensing and administering medications as prescribed.
8. Maintains medication records that are complete and accurate.
9. Responds to telephone calls in a timely manner and triages as appropriate.
10. Actively identifies and provides intervention for abnormal laboratory results.
11. Accurately monitors and assesses vital signs.
12. Completes appropriate written documentation.
13. Participates in treatment plan development.
14. Demonstrates understanding of developmental/age-specific issues in the treatment of consumers.
15. Knowledgeable regarding age-specific treatment best practices.
Why Charlotte Behavioral Health Care?
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is the premier mental health organization serving Charlotte and Desoto Counties. We are located in charming Punta Gorda, FL - a hidden treasure on Charlotte Harbor.
Centrally located between Sarasota to our North and Fort Myers to our South, Punta Gorda is also a comfortable driving distance from Tampa, Orlando and Miami. Punta Gorda boasts wonderful restaurants, marinas and a pace of life that people from around the world come to enjoy. No wonder Punta Gorda, FL has continuously been chosen as one of the best places to live, work, and vacation!
To achieve our mission, we must rely on a highly skilled, engaged staff. Our staff is our most valuable asset. We offer flexible work schedules (PT, FT, or four 10-hour days) and competitive pay with benefits, including a very generous 9% non-matching retirement plan, PTO, 11 company observed holidays, and medical, dental, vision, life, and supplemental insurance. We also offer licensure reimbursement & CEUs for those who qualify. Relocation reimbursement can be provided.
Enjoy a friendly, professional work environment that strives to provide high quality, compassionate, cost effective health care services to the individuals and families we serve. Discover why we have an overall 95.1% patient satisfaction rating and tremendous employee satisfaction ratings as well!
"Partnering to instill hope, inspire growth, and embrace life."
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Charlotte Behavioral Health Care will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care is a Drug Free Workplace pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Program under Florida's Workers' Compensation Law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Charlotte Behavioral Health Care