Charlie’s Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Boise, Anchorage and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth. Charlie’s provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees!
TITLE: Customer Service Representative
STATUS: full-time, non-exempt, days may vary and must be able to work weekends
SHIFT: Day shift
LOCATION: Clackamas, OR
This position will assist both the customer service and accounting departments as needed. Employee will answer phones and place orders for customers on a daily basis. Employee may assist in other operational duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED, and at least one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills.
- Must be quick and accurate with figures, attentive to detail, able to multi-task and have good follow through.
- Must have excellent phone and PC skills—esp. Windows Office suite.
- Must have proven problem solving skills.
- Must be skilled in time management and capable of meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Retail or wholesale experience preferred.
- Courteously receiving customer requests for price quotations, purchase orders, order changes or adjustments, and cancellations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of produce commodities and be capable of providing expert consulting to our customers.
- Use Retalix operating system to retrieve customer information, stock status information, order status, printing pick tickets for the warehouse crew, and receive product into inventory.
- Screen invoices to ensure accuracy and make any necessary corrections.
- Assist salespersons with communication of customer’s needs, administrative tasks, and any special projects.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and fellow employees.
- Must be punctual and have excellent attendance.
- Responsible for Quality and Food Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.