- Posted: over a month ago
Full Job Description
I. Job Summary
The Bartender is responsible for supporting the seamless running of the bar, by providing a highly efficient and effective service, ensuring standards are maintained and customer needs are anticipated
II. Essential Job Functions
· Ensures that all customers receive the best possible service and care.
· Maximizes sales opportunities through good service.
· Runs drinks from the service bar if needed to the customer.
· Runs food to any table as needed.
· Provides friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
· Provides quick and efficient service.
· Promotes sales and builds up rapport with regular customers.
· Ensures courteous and professional service is provided at all times.
· Is responsive to any guest’s request.
· Has a clear understanding of guest expectations.
· Works with restaurant staff to create a positive dining experience for guests.
· Greets customers and answers any and all questions.
· Alerts team members when tables are in need of attention, if they are not present assists them in helping with their tables.
· Has knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
· Ensures tables are enjoying their meals and takes action to correct any problems.
· Collects payments from tables.
· Has a thorough knowledge of all menu, wine, and beverage list offerings.
· Communicates any issues or ideas to the management team.
· Becomes a professional, valued member of the team with a flexible approach to improving customer experience.
· Demonstrates a high standard of personal appearance, always wearing the full and correct uniform and ensuring good personal hygiene.
· Arrives at work for scheduled shifts and is punctual, always following company absence, lateness procedure if unable to do so.
· Ensures that all liquor stock levels are maintained, and correct ordering procedures are carried out.
· Ensures that the bar area is kept clean and tidy at all times
· Monitors standards and supply of all bar equipment, ensuring management team are aware of any needs.
· Treats company property with due care and attention.
· Attends meetings / training sessions as required by the management team.
· Is fully aware of current legislation regarding hygiene, licensing laws, weights and measures as they apply to the restaurant.
· Adheres to and maintains cleaning checklists.
· Is aware of restaurant / company skills and standards, ensuring these are followed.
· Implements bar order of service.
· Informs managers of any complaints / comments / perceived issues.
· Supports and is fully aware of the Squirrel POS system, ensuring no food or beverage is issued without registration on Squirrel.
· Ensures that unannounced diner scores are consistently above 80% .
· Ensures drink orders are dispensed accurately, with minimum wastage.
· Ensures that the area is clean and well stocked at all times.
· Cleans tables and removes dishes after the customer leaves, or as needed.
· Carries loads of soiled dirty dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned.
· Ensures availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials.
· Resets tables when customer leaves for next customer party.
· Is able to remain focused and on-task.
· Sweeps and mops floors, even in the event that items are broken or spilled.
These describe the behavior you will need to demonstrate to carry out your job effectively:
· Maintains a high customer awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
· Is financially aware of costs involved in the operations and are responsible to control costs.
· Is motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance
· Is adaptable, responding quickly and positively to changing requirements, which may mean getting involved in procedures that are not normally part of your day-to-day responsibilities.
· Maintains high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department and restaurant goals. To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both customers and colleagues
· Ensures that the quantity of work is sufficiently productive under the normal business levels.
III. Additional Duties
· Performs other job-related duties as directed.
· Works as a team player at all times and is prepared to be flexible in order to ensure that operations are always as efficient and profitable as possible.
Charlies Creole Kitchen
2129 Greenville Avenue Dallas Texas 75206Dallas, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?