Young people across the country need our help. The sad reality is that a mental health crisis has taken hold of our most vulnerable population—leading to record levels of depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and self-harm. From Manhattan to Montana, this reality is compounded by issues of access, both geographic and financial. The mental health landscape is systemically broken, and our young people are suffering as a result.
Charlie Health has set out on a mission to reimagine how high acuity care is delivered to young people and families in crisis. Our initial offering is a virtual intensive outpatient program, which places peers with similar mental health experiences and goals into customized virtual groups. Our team of masters-level clinicians lead groups multiple times per week to deliver a higher level of care.
Our goal is to help young people and families heal together. Through a combination of exceptional medical and psychological care, engaged community partnerships, and best-in-class technology, we provide an unparalleled approach to recovery support that serves individual needs in an integrated way. Join us in our mission to ensure that every young person—regardless of location or socioeconomic status—can get the care that they deserve.
We are seeking a Medical Records Clerk / Office Administrator that is persistent, quick and accurate in collecting records. You must have a sense of urgency in your day-to-day work, desire to have maximum productivity. Our office is fast-paced and high energy and extremely detailed.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Essential functions, education, experience, requirements, skills, physical/mental demands, and working conditions may change as needs change.
Our team is comprised of passionate, forward-thinking professionals eager to take on the challenge of the mental health crisis and play a formative role in providing live-saving solutions. We are looking for a candidate who is inspired by our mission and excited by the opportunity to build a business that will impact millions of lives in a profound way.Skills
- Strong data entry skills
- Sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme discretion in work and the ability to handle highly confidential information
- Advanced organization skills
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Basic computer skills to scan, organize and access electronic health records
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Extreme persistence
- Ability to overcome obstacles in records collection
- Ability to give more time to work if needed
- Excellent interpersonal, typing, and organizational skills
- Excellent use of computers, printers, telephones, fax machines, and other office equipment
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, problem solve, and prioritize responsibilities
- Work well both independently and as a team member
- Demonstrate efficient use of time and ensure work is accurate and of high quality
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and colleagues
- Successfully manage interactions with challenging or difficult people
- 1-2 years of experience as medical record clerk
- Highly organized and able to track workflows through various tools
- Proficiency with medical record technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft office required
If you've made it this far, well, we're excited to meet you too. Just one more thing that we want you to remember: we pride ourselves on our meritocratic, performance-driven culture. There are lives on the line, and we have young people to save. There's no room for complacency. Your scope of responsibility and opportunity to make a difference will be uncapped at Charlie Health, but we need your commitment that you will work tirelessly for our patients, parents, and partners. At the end of day, our team is committed to helping you succeed at Charlie Health because when you succeed, our patients succeed, and we get one step closer to solving the mental health crisis. We're hopeful that this role will give you the experience to go and do whatever you want in life but the fulfillment to make you never want to leave our team. We look forward to solving the mental health crisis, together.Benefits:
Our mentality is to find the best, attract the best, and retain the best talent—which is why we prioritize quality over quantity of hires. As a mental health company, we've spent a lot of time thinking through how we can best support our employees' lives both inside and outside of work. We are pleased to offer these benefits to full-time, exempt employees:
- Medical (UHC) + dental/vision (Unum)
- Short- / long-term disability
- Life and AD&D
- 401K (Fidelity) + match up to 4%
- $50 WFH stipend for remote employees
- Commuter benefits for hybrid employees
- Non-clinical roles: 15 days of PTO (plus 2 additional every year)
- Clinical roles: 17 days of PTO (plus 2 additional every year)
- Paid parental leave (12 weeks for primary caregivers, 4 weeks for secondary caregivers)
- $100 monthly wellness stipend
- One Medical (on-demand primary care and 24/7 telehealth access)
- Carrot (fertility / adoption support)
- Ginger+ (24/7 emotional support)
As Charlie Health continues to grow alongside our employees, we look forward to the opportunity to continue building upon these benefits in the future.
Note: The above benefits apply only to Charlie Health's full-time, exempt employees and thus are not guaranteed to apply to every job posted. Please inquire with your Charlie Health recruiter upon your first interview to confirm if these benefits apply to the role to which you have applied.
Please do not call our public clinical admissions line in regards to this or any other job posting.
Please be cautious of potential recruitment fraud. If you are interested in exploring opportunities at Charlie Health, please go directly to our Careers Page: https://www.charliehealth.com/careers/current-openings. Charlie Health will never ask you to pay a fee or download software as part of the interview process with our company. In addition, Charlie Health will not ask for your personal banking information until you have signed an offer of employment and completed onboarding paperwork that is provided by our People Operations team. All communications with Charlie Health Talent and People Operations professionals will only be sent from @charliehealth.com email addresses. Legitimate emails will never originate from gmail.com, yahoo.com, or other commercial email services.
Recruiting agencies, please do not submit unsolicited referrals for this or any open role. We have a roster of agencies with whom we partner, and we will not pay any fee associated with unsolicited referrals.
At Charlie Health, we value being an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to cultivate an environment where individuals can be their authentic selves. Being an Equal Opportunity Employer means every member of our team feels as though they are supported and belong. We value diverse perspectives to help us provide essential mental health and substance use disorder treatments to all young people.
Charlie Health applicants are assessed solely on their qualifications for the role, without regard to disability or need for accommodation.
Charlie HealthNashville, TN
BusinessView All Charlie Health Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.