- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
REPORTS TO: Charleston Wine + Food Board of Directors
TERM: Full - Time, Exempt
The Executive Director is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the organization, including cultivation of year-round staff, Board relations and development, fundraising and financial management, program development and implementation, organizational management, and community and professional leadership development. The Executive Director is also responsible for creating and fulfilling a vision that will enhance the reputation of the festival and the vibrancy of the city of Charleston, South Carolina while also nurturing an organizational culture that is reflective of Charleston Wine + Food higher purpose. Wittiness and ability to work with grace, humor, kindness and unmatched problem-solving skills a must.
- Create immersive experiences to connect clients and customers
- Work alongside a governing board to support operations offering value in the form of strategic thinking and creative courage
- Thrive from feedback and learned experiences encouraging a culture of change and growth
- Shift directions and multi-task under pressure-filled moments daily.
- Oversee the management and execution of Charleston Wine + Food acting as a valued team member and trusted advisor, supporting all involved at all levels
- Integrate, implement, and coordinate the strategic operations
- Create and manage budgets for programs and activities to include a definition of responsibilities, scope, schedules, and timelines, and expected results. Foster a workspace that encourages innovation, creativity, and ideas that set CWF apart from others
- Ensure teams are sponsor and attendee-focused with an appetite to provide the best experience for everyone
- Function as an accountability leader with regards to company and community expectations
- Efficiently and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks at any given time with a diverse client base and variety of events and markets
- Obtain full understanding of applicable permits, codes, laws, and requirements for events, experiences, and business-related items. It is expected that all sponsored events are compliant with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- People leadership and team management may include cultivation of a diverse team, encouragement, and empowerment to drive great ideas, and stepping in to support at any level
- Support and provide tools for team members to effectively and efficiently collaborate, work, and grow within and outside our walls
- Champion and inspire teams to execute big ideas by allowing yourself to be seen as a valuable leader within a positive climate that inspires all to exceed their goal
- Ability to align organizational structure with ever-evolving goals
- Encourage a culture of equity and inclusivity by fostering diversity and innovation for all
- Act as a champion and advocate for all involved in Charleston Wine + Food including sponsors, volunteers, staff, and attendees
- Serve as chief spokesperson for Festival in media, public speaking opportunities and crisis management
- Drive meaningful interactions within the community as demonstrated through an understanding of and empathy for the hospitality and affiliated industries
- Embody the core values and act as an ambassador of Charleston Wine + Food
- Inspire and encourage positive impacts on the local community while enhancing the experience of attendees
- Stay up to date on local news, market impacts, events and experiences, and identify sponsorship and vendor opportunities
ADDITIONAL SKILLS TO SUCCEED
- Maintain composure and respond with calmness in stressful situations
- Possess the ability to engage and communicate, both internally and externally, with enthusiasm and poise. Alternatively, this individual should have the ability to listen and respond with compassion and empathy.
- Solution-oriented thinking and the ability to problem solve in a dynamic, constant state of change environment
- Self-motivation and a passion for growth and challenge
- Experience in management of multiple timelines and events at one time is helpful
- A strategic mindset alongside an entrepreneurial passion
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:
You will be the person responsible for encouraging creativity and ensuring that the team is executing great ideas.
Empathy and understanding would be helpful for everyone; we expect all our team members to listen carefully, respond thoughtfully, and act respectfully.
- Holds a BA in Communication, Marketing, Business or related field
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Project management experience
- Past event marketing experience is a plus including extensive experience in creation, sponsorships, and logistics of producing large live events
- Extensive experience in hospitality | tourism
- Non-profit experience strongly preferred
- Must be organized with diligent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work proactively
- Ability to do some physical work including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs (lifting boxes, field set-up)
- Proficient in cloud-based software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro
- Competent in Microsoft Office and Google Drive (Google Docs and Google Sheets)
- Strong ability to work strategically and efficiently in a team setting.
- Comfortable working in an outdoor setting (rain, cold, mud)
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the Management based on business demands.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Charleston Wine + Food is committed to the principles of diversity and equal employment opportunity, and to comply with all federal, state and local laws that are applicable to equal employment.
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation or identity, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, service in the federal or state military, liability for military service, arrest or conviction record, union affiliation, pregnancy or breastfeeding, medical or genetic information, atypical hereditary cellular blood trait, refusal to submit to a genetic test or make test results available to CHSWF, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, in accordance with applicable laws.
Charleston Wine + Food
Get fresh Food Service Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.