Charleston Shoe Co. Santa Monica, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Charleston Shoe Company Store Manager
STORE MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY: Store Managers work at the direction of Regional/Area Managers and/or the Director of Retail and are responsible for directing daily store operations and staff while providing leadership and managing the store to achieve the growth and profitability goals of the Company. A Store Manager should be a confident salesperson and be able to share their best practices in order to on-board new Associates and continue the development of existing Associates. A Store Manager should also possess strong leadership skills and be able to assign duties to relevant Associates in order to maintain the function of the store in a manner consistent with the vision of the Founder/CEO.
- Manage daily operations of business and ensure sales goals are met
- Direct Associates in daily operations such as serving customers, receiving inventory, reconciling cash and managing in-store marketing
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning Associates
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training Associates
- Maintain store performance by coaching, counseling, planning, monitoring and appraising job performance of Associates
- Achieve financial objectives by adhering to an annual budget, managing expenses analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions
- Establish rapport and trust with customers
- Builds relationships with local businesses to expand the development of the Charleston Shoe Company brand in local communities
- Coordinate with the Regional/Area Manager and/or Director of Retail to plan, design and facilitate layout and look of new, existing and relocated retail locations
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department to plan and execute retail signage and marketing/promotional efforts
- Ensure availability of merchandise by maintaining sufficient and accurate inventory
- Manage and coordinate cycle counts and year-end inventory
- Protect Associates and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the Company by complying with legal requirements
- Ensure operational policies and procedures are enforced, as dictated by the Store Operations manual, the Human Resources manual, and other related material. This includes, but is not limited to, proper procedures for associate appearance, sales techniques, cash management, credit card and check processing.
- Behave in a manner consistent with the values of the Company
- Education/Experience: Should have 3-5 years of Retail Management experience in Retail Management or any combination of education and experience which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to meet the minimum qualifications to perform the essential functions of this position
- Demonstrated ability to develop Associates to become an effective salesperson
- Strong customer service, management and communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to set correct priorities and ensure timely execution of daily business requirements
- Ability to lead effectively in a demanding, fast paced, team environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and take initiative
- Excellent clientelling skills
- Good organizational skills, time management and computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Enterprising, strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn new functions, procedures
- A charming, can-do attitude
- Expectation of salary employee is a 40+ hour work week
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description at any time.
Charleston Shoe Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Charleston Shoe Co.
Charleston Shoe Co. takes pride in offering an affordable, comfortable and versatile shoe for the everyday woman. Offering many cobblestones-to-cocktails shoe styles, we are geared toward designing for the modern woman who needs to be on her feet while staying fashionable all day long! Walk through the cobblestone streets of Charleston, then dance into evening cocktail parties in a pair of shoes that won’t let you down. All of our styles are custom designed right here in Charleston to be both comfortable and stylish while the sturdy construction will last for many years. Don’t hesitate to pick up a pair today.... you’ll want one in every style!
1307 Montana Ave Santa MonicaSanta Monica, CA
RetailView all jobs at Charleston Shoe Co.