Charles Zukow Associates (CZA) is a boutique public relations and marketing firm serving the arts & entertainment, lifestyle, hospitality, and retail industries. We specialize in public relations, social media, integrated marketing, media planning & buying, promotions, and beyond. We’re a small team with an array of individual experience and we’ve worked as the agency of record for iconic organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our current client roster includes American Conservatory Theater, Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, Cirque du Soleil, Curran, Broadway San Jose, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Jack London Square, Jewish Community Center of San Francisco, Legoland Discovery Center San Jose, Luther Burbank Center for the Arts, San Francisco General Hospital Foundation, San Francisco Gay Men's Chorus, Winchester Mystery House and more. We owe our success to unparalleled access to local media, personal attention to our clients, and a creative flair for shaping and sharing a story.
Lifestyle Public Relations and Social Media Account Coordinator JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Lifestyle Public Relations and Social Media Account Coordinator to join our team who knows the technology, tools, and tactics essential in creating successful traditional and non-traditional PR campaigns, and is well versed in social media strategies and content planning. This position will also assist with general office and administrative tasks, when necessary.
No two days are the same at CZA, but our Account Coordinator’s responsibilities generally include:
● Account management/support and client communications
● Creating and maintaining a strong online presence for our clients. This includes implementing and monitoring all social media postings in order to develop brand awareness, maximize presence, and increase traffic across all social media platforms
● Writing and distributing press materials
● Sourcing and curating relevant media and social influencer lists
● Researching client-specific industries
● Tracking coverage and maintaining PR and social media reports
● Variety of project work, depending on client needs
● On-site support at events and performances
● Content creation and social media management
● Developing pitches for journalists and bloggers
● Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in the field of public relations and social media
● Excellent interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
● An understanding of traditional and non-traditional PR techniques
● Experience pitching stories to media outlets
● Relationships with local media a plus
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Attention to detail
● Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
● Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Cision and MailChimp a plus
● A healthy sense of humor and a positive, friendly attitude!
PERKS & BENEFITS
● Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance –100% paid by CZA
● Two weeks paid vacation
● Profit Share after 1 year
● Monthly Data Plan Stipend
● Our Stellar Reputation
● Impressive Client Roster
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and two relevant writing samples (press releases preferred).