Charles Street Research, an Agora Company that specializes in financial and investment analysis, seeks a Marketing Managing Editor to coordinate and publish its file of free, daily publications.
The Marketing Managing Editor will work closely with various components of the Editorial team, as well as the Marketing, Copywriting, and Production departments – and conceive strategies that combine the efforts and initiatives of each work group. This is a do-it-all position created for someone who has an intimate knowledge of Marketing and Editorial best practices.
Successful candidates will be skilled at distilling complex financial ideas and analysis for enticing and clean newsletters, and have experience coordinating distribution strategies for multiple platforms.
This position is in-house, located in Baltimore, MD.
- Manage, coordinate coverage for multiple web publications
- Conceive story ideas and weekly content strategies
- Use data to improve open rates, sales conversions
- Write eye-popping headlines that remain true to the story
- Incorporate marketing initiatives seamlessly into financial analysis
- Coordinate with multiple editors in various time zones across the country
- Serve as a liaison between editorial department and others
- A natural marketing mind and sincere affinity for writing and publishing
- Strong copy editing skills and a refined understanding of nuance and language
- Working knowledge of financial markets and investment practices
- Can multi-task, is a problem solver, can think creatively about tough issues
- Organizes and prioritizes work to match the strategic needs of the organization
- Can coach and mentor others
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter explaining why they are the right person for the job.