Events are one of the most important channels in which Schwab expresses its value to clients, and the Client Event Marketing Manager will have the opportunity to be part of the team responsible for creating an exceptional experience for our clients.
The Event & Production Services team creates and executes events that embody Schwab’s corporate brand and support Schwab Advisor Services client relationships. Through strong partnerships within Schwab, with our clients and the RIA industry, we create and execute industry-leading events that build awareness, confidence, and trust in Schwab’s brand and strategic objectives.
Want to be a key player in the execution of a year-long marketing campaign for a flagship industry conference? Are you known for naturally building and maintaining excellent working relationships with cross-functional team members and influencing business partners? Do you have a learning mindset, a passion for detail, stellar project management skills, and thrive in a matrixed and collaborative environment? All while simultaneously managing multiple projects? This might be the job for you.
As a key contributor to the Event and Productions Services organization, you will have primary responsibility for driving and executing an event marketing campaign for Schwab’s flagship industry conference for Registered Investment Advisors, IMPACT. This role reports directly to the Managing Director of Event Marketing and Sponsorships.
You will have experience driving dynamic campaign elements that build event attendance and engagement. The Event Marketing Manager role is highly visible and will work collaboratively with our internal business partners and external sponsoring firms to establish and provide unique event marketing campaigns for IMPACT.
What does your day look like? You’ll develop creative briefs for external creative agencies, establish and communicate marketing deliverables timelines, and manage and edit the content for expansive email campaigns and websites. On a regular basis you’ll partner with third-party writers, review and edit content, collect feedback and guidance from multiple parties to create a cohesive narrative. And of course you’ll diligently manage a detailed timeline and budget.
As IMPACT nears, you’ll assist in the development and execution of an extensive on-site conference client experience. You’ll focus on the integration of the conference theme into structural environments and directional signage, digital assets, the publication of a printed and electronic event guide, sponsor activation materials and other opportunities to complement and support the client’s experience.
You’ll be a key partner to Corporate Communications, Advisor Services Marketing, Advisor Services Sales and Brand to ensure messaging and creative materials are cohesive and consistent with the Charles Schwab brand and Advisor Services priorities.
You’ll work closely with Field Marketing to ensure we are getting the right clients to join in the right activities – even when they sometimes compete with one another.
Finally, you’ll make sure our sales, business development and other key stakeholders are aware of key IMPACT details via internal portals and resources.
As opportunities arise, you will contribute your time and skills to various tasks and projects within Event Marketing. This may include, but is not limited to consolidating and presenting campaign metrics, cataloging event marketing assets pre- and post-event program, and consulting with other members of EPS.
- A commitment to ensuring an outstanding client experience at all times. Approaches marketing and communication vehicles “through clients’ eyes” – managing and executing tasks efficiently and focusing on concise and accurate messaging.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to shape messaging and content, navigate through communications and sometimes challenging timelines, and positively represent Advisor Services events with internal and external partners.
- Excellent project management skills, producing significant output with minimal wasted effort. Plans, organizes, and executes in an efficient, productive manner - overcoming obstacles through creative, resourceful and innovate solutions.
- Diligent management of timelines and socializes key dates and deliverables with business partners and creative agencies to ensure a collaborative and successful campaign yet remaining nimble and adaptable to massage dates and/or content for unexpected opportunities.
- A ‘can-do’, independent and results-oriented approach to business with a proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in managing creative agencies for high-visibility, client-facing event communications.
- Experience serving the financial services industry (preferred); an understanding of client events.
- An understanding of email and website traffic analytics.
- 5-8 years in a program management and/or content development role.
- Excellent PC skills, including familiarity with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM resources, specifically Salesforce and Marketo.
- BA/BS required.