Under supervision, perform routine to moderately complex fetal soft tissue and skeletal evaluations and related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the preparation of reagents (KOH, etc) for fetal processing.
• Assist in the preparation of fetuses for visceral and skeletal evaluation.
• Ensure adequate supplies of all equipment/materials needed for fetal evaluation.
• Evaluate fetal soft tissue and skeletal specimens as required according to Standard Operating Procedures, including writing edits, taking photographs, answering raw data audits and drafting computer protocol requests.
• Ensure that all adverse fetal observations are confirmed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Pack and archive fetal soft tissue and skeletal specimens according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure adequate supply of equipment/materials needed for fetal evaluation.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a life or animal science or related field.
• Two to four years experience conducting a combination of necropsy and fetal gross evaluation experience in a non-clinical laboratory.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Personal skill sets/competencies equitable with Laboratory Technician III Core Competency Matrix.
• Work schedule may include weekends and all holidays on a rotating basis.
• Must be able to regularly observe physical attributes of species.
• Must be able to occasionally lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Charles River LabsAt Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. Four over 20 years, our Insourcing Solutions business has provided skilled animal care professionals to our client sites worldwide. Hired candidates become full-time Charles River employees who enjoy a competitive pay rate and an excellent range of benefits.