For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician I for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, Nevada.
In addition to assisting veterinary staff in the documentation and triage of all laboratory animal health cases, the Veterinary Technician 1 may also perform technical in-life procedures.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Veterinary Technician I position.
- Graduate of a collegiate veterinary technology program accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Training Activities or equivalent program in veterinary technology.
- 0-2 years related experience working with animals in pre-clinical laboratory or clinical setting; experience working with a CRO with multi-species preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above if the individual is credentialed as a Certified Veterinary Technician.
- LVT license or CVT/RVT certification preferred. Uncertified candidates will be required to receive certification within 12-18 months or show that certification has been substantially completed. AALAS certification desired.
- Demonstrate understanding of Standard Operating Procedures. Excellent organizational, time management, and recordkeeping skills. Basic word processing skills required. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in routine veterinary technical and husbandry techniques.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet