POSITION: Brighton/Waltham Customer Service Representative
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Customer Service Coordinator/Lead Supervisor in the event CSC is unavailable.
STATUS –Non-exempt SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Customer Services Coordinator and medical lead, assist in the day to day operations and planning of the Customer Service Department, improve customer service experience, create engaged customer and facilitate patient’s growth. To ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries and maintain a high customer satisfaction
- As a member of the Community Support Service Team, ensure that all interactions between Administration, Customer Service operations, and patients are professional, helpful, provides empathy and creates an atmosphere of CRCH being a safe place and welcoming place for all community members that enter, call, or seek our services.
- As a Customer Service Representative, greet and welcome patient and visitors to the health Center.
- Provides excellent Customer service
- Being crossed trained to cover all Customer Service department needs within 3 months of hire.
- Work closely with medical, dental and vision providers, nurses and medical assistants to inform patients about delays and waiting times.
- Ensure all patients requests for appointments are responded to in a timely manner for example, from the patient portal, voice mails left, calls picked up, walk ‘ins feel serviced.
- Listen to customer’s feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Decision making and setting clear team goals.
- Collaborates with the Health Benefits Department and follow up their booking guidelines to help a patient who is inactive and sure that HB workflows are followed appropriately.
- Insures that the patient has an approved plan in place before/or at the time of the visit.
- Schedules patients for vision and dental appointments.
- Informs all patients of necessary payments prior to appointment and collects that payment before services are provided.
- For patients with vision insurance, confirms the extent of coverage with the vision insurance plans prior to the visit and advises patients re: coverage and financial responsibility (of the patient)
- Generates appropriate paperwork to insure billing for services.
- Provide coverage in oversight areas when needed. Make self-available for coverage as needed when other staff is not available including Customer Service Coordinator
- All other duties, tasks, and responsibilities assigned/approved by Customer Service Coordinator.
- At least 3 years of Customer Service experience in a CHC.
- Models exceptionally customer service for staff; ability to show each and every patient they matter and their needs are important. Must have the ability to show and have empathy and humility.
- Ability to problem solve in the moment, tackle a problem, and then go back and debrief with Customer service coordinator.
- Familiar with Excel, Electronic Medical Programs, registration and scheduling systems.
- Accurate and responsible when dialing with cash.
- Experience in diverse culture preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and/or English/Portuguese required.