We are a local accounting firm seeking a full-time accountant, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred, to join our team due to growth of the firm. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing and analyzing accounting records, financial statements, taxes, and other financial reports. The person filling this position should be versed in general accounting and auditing knowledge.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Monthly entry and reconciliation of client’s QuickBooks files
- Prepare or assist in preparing federal and state tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships
- Researching and analyzing financial statements and audit issues to review and compile financial information
- Payroll processing and preparation of payroll tax returns
Qualifications and skills
- Two years of prior accounting experience, recommended but not required
- QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and ProSeries experience preferred
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with multiple programs and screens
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Compensation is based on experience, availability and commitment; we offer excellent benefits. Must pass background check. Based on workload, longer hours may be required, as well as some weekends.