Area Director, Colorado, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Posted: 10 days ago
POSITION: Area Director, Colorado
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Western Division
SALARY: $60,000 - $65,000
LOCATION: Fully remote, candidates must be located in the Colorado area
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
As a part of AFSPs growing nationwide network of chapters, the Colorado Chapter brings together people from all backgrounds who want to prevent suicide in their communities. Families and friends who have lost someone to suicide, vulnerable individuals, mental health professionals, clergy, educators, students, community/business leaders, and many others energize the chapter.
Responsible for working closely with a network of volunteers to implement AFSPs fundraising and program initiatives in Colorado.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all fundraising and community engagement activities for the area.
- Implement AFSP Out of the Darkness Community Walks and other approved fundraising within the assigned market, including additional fundraising events .
- Determine fundraising goals and develop cashflow projects for fundraising events.
- Responsible for development and support of the Chapter board and committees within the market.
- Work closely with volunteer leadership to solicit sponsorship, giveaways and auction items for events.
- Responsible for volunteer management, including recruiting, training, assigning and recognizing volunteers within assigned market area
- Develop and maintain working relationships with community leaders and organizations to promote AFSPs message, build support for our mission and increase involvement in AFSP events and programs.
- Work with media to publicize AFSP events and mission and to heighten public awareness and reach fundraising goals.
- Implement approved programs within the assigned market area including survivor programs, education programs and awareness initiatives
- Responsible for fiscal management, including relationships with vendors, handling cash, expense management and working with National Office on accounts payable and receivables
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelors Degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of three years experience in nonprofit special event fundraising
- Some program experience preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills required
AFSP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary range for this role is $60,000-$65,000.
Charity Search Group
BusinessView all jobs at Charity Search Group