We are looking for a dedicated Case Manager to join our mental health and addiction team!
Scheduled work hours:The position is considered non-exempt, eligible for overtime pay, however you must obtain approval from your supervisor prior of taking overtime. Normal agency business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday with evening hours for appointments and/or meetings as needed. From time-to-time, however, the work situation may require an employee to expend an amount of time in excess of the normal workweek.
Competencies:All AGENCY positions are expected to demonstrate competency in the areas of 1) Confidentiality; 2) Cultural Sensitivity; 3) Universal Precautions and 4) Client Rights. Additional competency standards may be required for each position based on the annual plan.
Credentials (Education/Experience/Licenses):Education- H.S. Education, college preferred. At least two years’ experience with case management or mental illness. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license. Current credentials according to the matrix in the Ohio Revised Code 5122-29. Professional license preferred.
OSHA Category:This position may perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All employees are offered to opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series at the Practice’s expense.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/JOB DESCRIPTION
- Developing an Individualized Service Plan (ISP), a process of assisting a recipient of service with identifying goals they want for themselves in their life, and the skill supports and resources they will need to reach them.
- Performing a case management function, linking, coordinating and managing the delivery of services to the client in relation to the established goals in the ISP.
- Establishing, organizing and leading skill development groups.
- Facilitating client’s utilization of community resources as appropriate by accompanying and/or transporting clients to those resources as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention when authorized as appropriate and necessary.
- Provide direct services at a rate that achieves or exceeds the Practice’s baseline productivity indicator.
- Provide and engage in other services necessary to support treatment to clients such as clinical case meetings, staff development, maintaining clinical and administrative records per agency requirements.
- Monitoring medication compliance and support.
- Assist clients with understanding, providing, and using health insurance benefits, including the use of publicly funded services.
- Promote a positive image of the Practice through his/her dress, demeanor, and interactions with clients, other employees and the community.
- Employee must check emails on a daily basis.
- Maintains documentation per Practice quality assurance procedures and established performance standards.
- MUST be able to transport clients
- Mileage is reimbursed for all work related travel
- Promotes safety and quality care throughout department and agency
Charak Center for Health & Wellness
Why Work Here?Charak Center is a large outpatient community mental health agency with five offices throughout Northeast Ohio.
Charak Center offers a dynamic community full of staff dedicated to the health and well-being of the mentally ill and those facing addiction