Scheduled work hours:The position is considered non-exempt, eligible for overtime pay, however you must obtain approval from your supervisor prior of taking overtime. Normal agency business hours vary between 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. From time-to-time, however, the work situation may require an employee to expend an amount of time in excess of the normal workweek.
Competencies:All AGENCY positions are expected to demonstrate competency in the areas of 1) Confidentiality; 2) Cultural Sensitivity; 3) Universal Precautions and 4) Client Rights. Additional competency standards may be required for each position based on the annual plan.
Credentials (Education/Experience/Licenses):Education- H.S. Education, college preferred. At least two years’ experience with case management or mental illness. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license. Current credentials according to the matrix in the Ohio Revised Code 5122-29. Professional license preferred, but not mandatory.
OSHA Category:This position may perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. All employees are offered to opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series at the Practice’s expense.
*This posting is for full time and part-time positions*
- Warmly welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and directs them appropriately.
- Answer phones, schedule patients and take messages in a courteous and efficient fashion.
- Interface with and collect funds from patients as they enter or leave the office and to enter all charges into a computerized billing system and access information as needed.
- Monitors and collects urine samples, as needed, and manages sample according to protocol.
- Perform all lab test sampling and submit samples or results according to protocol.
- Monitor laboratory results and ensure that these are communicated and recorded correctly.
- Perform other medical tests such as checking vitals, administering injections and other tasks.
- Upload reports (OARRS, lab) to electronic medical records in a timely fashion so that this information is retrievable by MEDSOM staff at time of appointments.
- Work with Practice Manager to assure prescription refills are processed (called in/faxed) a timely fashion.
Administrative assistant, medical assistant, customer service or related experience.
Medical Assistant Certification or Registration preferred.
Charak Center for Health & Wellness
Why Work Here?Charak Center is a large outpatient community mental health agency with five offices throughout Northeast Ohio.
Charak Center offers a dynamic community full of staff dedicated to the health and well-being of the mentally ill and those facing addiction
Garfield Heights, OH