Civil Project Manager
Charah LLC Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position is responsible for planning, developing, and managing construction projects from Pre-Construction through Project Close-out.
- Study proposals, plans, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements; assembling & arranging numerical and descriptive information
- Collecting, analyzing and summarizing data & trends to generate conceptual, schematic and hard dollar estimates
- Complete accountability for specific construction projects from the Pre-Construction Phase to the Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase
- Manage multiple contractors and their time schedules, and maintain continual communications with Customer and contractors
- Work with state engineers, utility environmental team, independent engineering firms, etc.
- Follow and enforce all applicable safety precautions and programs, and shall thoroughly read, understand, and follow Charah Standard Operating Procedures for construction management
- Lead in the development of any readiness reviews required for the project
- Assist with engineering drawings and layouts
- Collaborate with Sr. Estimator, Regional Manager, and Vice President of Operations on project management
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management
- Four-year college degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or similar discipline required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with relevant construction management and field experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- A sound knowledge of applicable codes and OSHA safety criteria required
- EIT or ability to obtain PE registration preferred
- Experience with site/civil estimating for mass excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported materials preferred
- Experience working within the power generation industry preferred
- Specialized construction management training and project management training preferred
Work Environment & Conditions:
- This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends and holidays
- Be a motivated self-starter
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage time addressing multiple project needs
- Execution-focused with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a deadline driven environment with a high level of precision
- Ability to operate both on the strategic and tactical levels within an organization
- Ability to work independently, as a team, and team leader
- Sustain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of Charah
- Hold people accountable for outcomes in a clear, direct, respectful and supportive manner
- Never compromise the professionalism of the organization and advocate a strong work ethic expected of a world-class organization
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with vendors, customers and co-workers
- Ability to creatively originate effective and efficient procedures and generate new approaches to problems
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
- Maintain company information in a confidential manner
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in an internal office setting and external field environment. Requires the ability to concentrate in a noisy setting around large construction vehicles
Charah LLCWhy Work Here?
A great opportunity to join a long-term project with plenty of opportunity to develop with a growing, people-first and safety-minded company
12601 Plantside Dr LouisvilleLouisville, KY
ConstructionView all jobs at Charah LLC