With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position is responsible for the use and operation of various dump trucks and water trucks in a safe and efficient manner at a designated job site.
- Drive and maneuver dump trucks in an off-road setting
- Operate water trucks to suppress particle build-up and maintain air quality on site
- Safely unload material into designated areas
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Must be able to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine to exact positions as necessary
- Learn, follow, and promote all safety regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license required
- Minimum one-year experience operating trucks required
- Experience driving in a construction or similar environment preferred
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in ash management, structural fills and landfills preferred
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- This position requires a flexible work schedule: nights, weekends, holidays, and/or overtime
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to loud noises
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in the internal and external environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate