Project Manager Electrical
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 to $34 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
Chappell Electric’s project management team, you will oversee all aspects of assigned commercial projects from commencement to completion. You will manage these projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and ensures that our work adheres to all company safety policies and OSHA mandated requirements. This position reports to the CEO/President.
What we expect from you
• To bring decisive, focused leadership.
• To be results driven.
• To speak up and challenge when you disagree.
• To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers.
What can you expect from us
• Every opportunity to advance in the company.
• An environment free of bureaucracy.
• A culture that encourages candid, open communication, up, down, and across.
• Continued training and development.
• Recognition for achievement of goals
1. Negotiate and establish sales quotes based on volume of products purchased and nature of marketplace to effectively offer competitive pricing and ensure the highest profitability.
2. Ordering and checking-in material, managing material, organizing inventory, assisting to increase efficiency. All material ordered will require a sign off by CEO/President for approval.
3. Pursue product applications utilizing personal knowledge, internal specialist or other internal resources, distribution representatives and other available sources.
4. Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks (i.e. margins). Use sound judgement, listening, and problem-solving skills to analyze customer/vendor/supplier problems, and to recommend the proper course of action. Product and application knowledge essential.
5. Must be able to sit and utilize a computer, computer keyboard, computer monitor and telephone for prolonged periods of time. PC proficiency for data entry and utilization of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat.
6. Participation in Project Estimates
7. Manage labor costs of projects through ongoing job forecasting (time management).
8. Oversee pre-con meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
9. Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments
10. Set clear goals and expectations to foreman.
11. When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
12. Manage all jobs closeout procedures, RFI’s, and submittals.
13. Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
14. Provide coaching/counseling to foreman.
15. Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
Employer Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, 401K, 401K matching
· Able to perform as a Foreman on the jobsite as needed.
· Able to meet deadlines.
· Able to work overtime, if needed.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Excellent negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
· Strong customer service orientation- both external and internal.
· Product and application knowledge desired.
· Good work ethic and willing to step-up and persevere to get job specific tasks completed.
· Experience with construction desired. Equivalent experience in the industry will be given serious consideration.
· Working knowledge of industry product and materials preferred.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Must exhibit a higher level of technical aptitude.
· Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
· Construction Experience- 10-year (preferred)
· Project Management- 3-year (preferred)
Chappell Electric LLC
1638 N Corrington Ave. Kansas City MO 64120Kansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?