- $20 to $22 Hourly
Provide support to the Principal Investigator to perform laboratory experiments pertaining to ocular surface epithelial cells and macrophages. The Research Assistant will plan, design, and conduct experiments in consultation with the supervisor. The Research Assistant will also analyze and plot the data. They will also keep a meticulous record of experiments in a paper or electronic lab notebook
This is a non-exempt staff position scheduled to work 40 hours per week for a duration of one (1) year based on available funding. This position is eligible for participation in our health and welfare benefits and our supplemental retirement plan.
Work alongside PI to determine research methods and conduct laboratory experiments to:
- Perform and execute research methodology to collect, analyze, evaluate, and interpret data.
- Performing cell culture, basic biochemical and molecular assays such as ELISA, RT-PCR, SDS-PAGE and immunoblotting
- Maintenance of the laboratory’s cell lines
- General Lab Maintenance, including preparing buffer and media solutions and general cleanup
- Conduct experiments on mouse model of dry eye including tear quantification, imaging, eye tissue collection
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and all necessary tools to conduct research
- Understand and practice lab safety protocols.
- Prepare data analysis, technical reports, papers, graphs and/or records.
- Contribute to the development of research documentation for publication and/or presentation
- Order, receive and maintain records of research supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Molecular Biology/Biochemistry or relevant field of research; or its equivalent
- The ability to conduct cell and animal experiments
- Knowledge of research and experimental methods in cell and molecular biology.
- Strong understanding of lab safety procedures and the ability to maintain a safe and organized lab.
- Strong writing skills and computational knowledge
- Ability to work alone and/or with student or laboratory assistants.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment and maintain a safe working environment.
- Ability to conduct experiments in a timely manner and accurately record data.
- Ability to collaborate with PI and other faculty before and during research
Chapman University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation in the administration of its education policies or any other policies or programs administered by the university.
Chapman University is a nationally ranked institution located in the heart of Orange County offering great benefits and work environment
Chapman University is a nationally ranked institution offering traditional undergraduate and graduate programs in the heart of Orange County, one of Southern California’s most diverse and vibrant regions. The university achieved R2 status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a distinction held by just 10 percent of all U.S. universities. Chapman University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation in the administration of its education policies or any other policies or programs administered by the university.
Chapman UniversityOrange, CA
WebsiteView All Chapman University Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.