# Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
1. Assist the Program Director and/or Program Administrative Assistant in all school related activities and responsibilities including but not limited to:
a. Maintain student monthly attendance and sign in/out sheets
b. Create and ensure student files are up to licensing and accreditation codes
c. Prepare flyers/announcements as directed
d. Maintain data entry and contract schedules of program staff and students
e. Maintain visitor and student sign in books
f. Maintain calendar, schedule, and set up for meetings and communicate needs regarding meetings for programs
g. Assist in childcare program with schedules, activities, and attendance sheets
h. Assist in creating monthly snack calendar
i. Maintain records of provided services
j. Tutor blind, visually impaired, and sighted preschool-aged and elementary-aged children in reading and pre-Braille skills.
2. Assist with general office duties including but not limited to:
a. Answering phones and directing callers
b. Edit and/or type reports and other documents as needed
c. Filing student records and other documentation
d. Gathering and preparing various mailings including annual registration packets
e. Appointment scheduling
f. Faxing as needed
g. Greeting and directing visitors
h. Producing and responding to correspondence related to program activities
i. Create forms as needed
j. Order office supplies, food/consumables from appointed staff members
3. Agency related duties including but not limited to:
a. Maintain awareness of all School and Agency functions
b. Assist with Agency events as needed
c. Back up other Administrative Assistants as needed
d. Other professional, job related duties
e. Conduct self in accordance with BCLC's Mission and Values at all times
Assisting school administration with office duties in a fast-paced office environment.
Being willing to jump into whatever challenge presents itself and help come up with and implement a solution in a positive way.
- Business Administration, Education, or related major.
- Must love kids!
- LiveScan and Health Screening are required and will be completed by the agency. Proof of Measles vaccine, Whooping Cough vaccine, and a negative TB test are required. Flu shot is optional.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organization skills
Proficiency in Excel and Word
Experience with creating Power Point presentations
Advanced organizational skills
Experience in an office setting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Students must have current federal work study award, successful completion of a negative TB test, proof of measles and pertussis vaccinations, and criminal background check via Live Scan fingerprinting.
- Practical experience in a non-profit environment undergoing pivotal strategic changes
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished professionals
- Flexible schedule for students
Position Headcount: 10
Position Title: AY1920 Student Administrative Office Work Study Blind Children's Learning Center, 1610
Average number of hours per week: Up to 19 Hrs
Projected Start Date: 11/25/2019
Proposed hourly rate of pay: $13.00
Account Code: Work/Study
Quick Link: http://chapman.peopleadmin.com/postings/20766