Substance Abuse Counselor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Chapman House, Inc., an organization established in 1979 and incorporated in 1999, maintains as its mission an increasing commitment to the belief that addiction is a treatable disease; that people can overcome their alcohol and drug dependencies and live successfully in recovery.
We are looking to grow our team with individuals that are positive and passionate about helping people. Our ideal candidate possesses the experience and confidence that yield great outcomes. We are currently looking to fill a position at our Tustin facility for a Substance Abuse Counselor.
Substance Abuse Counselors work with people who suffer from alcoholism, drug addiction, or other behavioral problems. They help people to explore feelings about their lives so that they can reflect about what is happening to them and consider alternative ways of doing things. Working in a confidential setting, counselors listen attentively to their clients and offer them the time, empathy and respect they need to express their own feelings, and perhaps understand themselves from a different perspective, thereby reducing their confusion and enabling them to make changes in their life.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An individual must possess an understanding of the nature of the disease concept and its respective recovery processes;
- The counselor must demonstrate knowledge to develop, implement, and direct treatment plans that encourage problem solving skills and promote growth for the clients that Chapman House, Inc. serves;
- The individual will have at least two years of past work experience in the alcohol and drug abuse field;
- The individual must possess a valid CPR Certificate, First Aid Certificate, current Negative TB Results and must have valid Driver’s License.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; some college is a plus
- The individual will possess certification or be registered in the field of addiction treatment as evidenced by such certification issued by the state approved agency (i.e., CAADAC, CAADE, CSAC, etc.);
- He/she will conduct assessments and develop mutually agreed upon treatment plan with measurable treatment goals and objectives for all assigned clients. Assessments include Bio-Pyscho-Social, Nutritional Screen, Suicidal Screen, Trauma, Screen. All assessments will be completed as defined in Chapman House Policy and Procedure.
- Oversee and direct the day to day counseling aspect of programs administered through Chapman House, Inc.;
- The counselor will conduct therapeutic groups, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Process Groups and Drug and Alcohol Educational Groups, as well as general supervision with clients and their family members;
- The counselor will perform individual one-on-one sessions at least once per week for all assigned clients;
- Attending supervision and training courses;
- Aids in implementing client treatment plans, chemical dependency program orientation sessions, and follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs;
- Keeping accurate and timely records and charting in the appropriate manner.
- The counselor must be familiar with all operational policies and procedures of Chapman House, Inc.
Hourly: commensurate on experience
Chapman House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment advertising, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
Chapman House Rehab
Get fresh Substance Abuse Professional jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.